• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

paid subscription notice

65beam

Donation Time
gee, is someone in this club impatient or thinks i need to be reminded every two hours ? i got 25 notices that i needed to send money to the club in the last two days ! DUHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
That doesn't sound right at all. I think you're being solicited from outside the club. Send a note to Rich Vose about it.

chris

Donation Time
Same here, about 17 of them. I know it's that time of year, so I'm sure it's legit, but something appears to be wrong with the notification program.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
It's gotta be a software glitch occuring just at the moment everyone is away to celebrate. I've received a couple dozen of them so far.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Sorry about this guys.
I will take a look at things. There is an auto mailer and comment that the system is posting and I just need to find out how to change things. It is nice that the system give us all a note but I must change things a little.

The last thing we want it to upset anyone, ban or stop their access to the forum and our club.

Please give me a little time as it is all new to me.

Regards,
Andrew Masse

Andrew

Donation Time
changes made

Ok,

I think I have made a change so that when your subscription is due one notice will be received on the Sunday of the week.

I hope to change how the notice as it states "If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed", this is not true as we do not wish to remove access to any club members or to other Alpine owners.

I will update this as soon as possible.

Please feel free to contact myself or any other official in the future.

Regards,
Andrew Masse

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Andrew,

Thanks for looking into the problem.

Let me also say Thanks to the club for updating the wiring chart section to include SIV (in color as well :) ) and also for putting the registry info back online. Great work and thanks! :)

The registry info is not current, I guess that is known, but I did not see my car listed. Nonetheless it is great to have access to that information again and Best Wishes to whoever is bringing it up to date.

Allan

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Dues

I didn't get a notice of dues due, I just received a receipt from Paypal for my dues. I didn't know you could do that. I didn't initiate that but as long as it is going to the club it is okay.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Hello all,
Looks like many of you have been receiving notice from Paypal that "dues" have been paid. In short, when you sent in a donation for 2008, somhow either intentionally or unintentionally a "subscription" was set up that automatically makes a donation to the Club every year. If it makes anyone feel any better, I just got hit many times as I was a test case working with Ian last year setting up the donor levels. While checking out my bank account last night, I found out I had donated to the SAOCA on every donor level and in the case of the Bronze level, 5 times.

Bottom line is if you receive a message from Paypal about the payment subscription and don't want to donate to the SAOCA or wish to change the amount of your donation, shoot me a PM or e-mail and I'll happily settle up with you.

For those that have donated, I hope to be sending out donation packets after the New Year. I should have the 2009 sheet calendars for the Gold and above donor levels back from the printers early next week.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or just post to this thread.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Renewal

I jumped to a conclusion. Sorry.

Rich. For those of us behind the times who still use checks, where do you want them sent?

Andrew

Donation Time
Subscription Notice Bumble

I have disables the subscription notice option and I don’t understand why it is doing this so often. It was set to provide a notice every Sunday as a reminder and not every 2 minutes.
Is everyone receiving these notices or just a handful of us? I have only received one notice to date.

I will try and get to the bottom of this and also amend the notice.

Regards,
Andrew