• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Over-heating

snamelc

Donation Time
All you guys and gals who contributed to the over-heating thread, thanks. I do believe I've solved the problem in my Series II. A couple of months ago, it quit running right... no power when I hit the gas. I limped home and let it sit until now. I discovered that the drain tube in the intake manifold was missing. That would certainly make it run bad! I plugged the hole as most of you have done, then took it out for a spin but it still didn't run right. I pulled the plugs and they were all black, indicating running way too rich. I replaced the plugs and got my power back, but it wouldn't idle, probably still too rich. I re-tuned it and discovered that the idle screws were set way too rich. This would make great sense if that drain tube had been leaking air the last time it was tuned. I re-set the idle and it now runs like a clock. Can't wait for clear weather so I can take her out for a spin. Several of you had complained of over-heating when running too rich or too lean.

Bill