• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'Oval' Air Cleaner for V6 2-barrel?

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Is anyone using an Oval shape air cleaner on their V6 stock 2150 2-barrel? I much prefer the oval look to round but I would imagine there might be clearance problems. There is also the 1/2" or so plastic spacer below the carburetor that could be cut down if need be but I would prefer to find a 'drop down' lower air cleaner housing part instead.

One of many on Summit's website...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsp-15327/applications

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Pete. Are you saying it fits (clears hood and engine parts) and your using it with your stock 2150 2-barrel?

Yes. I will take a photo or two when I get back home on Sunday. I have removed all the extraneous emission/carb " stuff" so the carb is mounted right on the manifold. P

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
A view if you don't want to mess with Photobucket P

Attachments

• V6 Air Cleaner SAOCA.jpg
    V6 Air Cleaner SAOCA.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 40

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Nice Pete, thanks for posting those. Did you have to modify the air cleaner or is it as it was stock?

Also, if you wanted to mount it the other way, front to back rather than side to side as it is, could you do that?

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Oval Air Cleaner

I have the exact same air cleaner with an extra filter element that I will not be using. It is available for $25 plus shipping to anyone who wants one. It is brand new and has only been sitting on top of my carb. The engine has never been fired so it is really unused. No marks or dings.....just as it came from Speedway Automotive. Price includes the extra element ( which is $21 all by itself ).

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice Pete, thanks for posting those. Did you have to modify the air cleaner or is it as it was stock?

Also, if you wanted to mount it the other way, front to back rather than side to side as it is, could you do that?

I'll go out and turn it 90 degrees and see if it fits.

No mods to the air cleaner. Took it out of the box and installed it. Pete

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Hi Cactusmasher.
I'd like to take you up on your air cleaner sale offer ( unless Mike wants it since he did start this thread and I dont want to hijack him ).
Could you PM me to work out details. I do not have paypal.
Located east of Riverside in so. cal.
Thanks.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Chuck. You can have it, I actually have my eye on another similar one but thanks for the consideration and thanks for the offer Cactus.