• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Original badge bar?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Looks a little different to the alpine/tiger bar, and the lights are the nortek style ones used in the early 50's, i'd guess is suits a humber.

65beam

Donation Time
badge bar

the light mounts look to be similar to the mounts on my series 4. made by lucas.also look similar to the nos rootes mounts that i have. the badge bar could be an aftermarket piece

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a factory bar and it looks nothing like that one. Further, the lights are *similar* to Rootes lamps, but I'd have to see them closer to confirm that they are indeed Rootes... at this point I have my doubts. However, there's no doubt that they are not Lucas.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have a factory bar and it looks nothing like that one. Further, the lights are *similar* to Rootes lamps, but I'd have to see them closer to confirm that they are indeed Rootes... at this point I have my doubts. However, there's no doubt that they are not Lucas.

Kevin,

they are the Nortek manufactured lights, used on 50's rootes care, they have "rootes" cast into the mounting post.

As for the brackets as mentioned by 65beam, there are lots of rootes spot/badge bar brackets that have the same end part to mount on the bumber bolts to chassis rail, the difference is the profile as to what car they fit. Also there are 3 types i know of that were specific to the alpines/tigers.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

The bar needs a good clean up, but at least the major parts are there. It would be definately worth keeping an eye on the auction. The UK Alpine club also sell a repro badge bar as well (not sure if they sell to non-members though).

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi,

The bar needs a good clean up, but at least the major parts are there. It would be definately worth keeping an eye on the auction. The UK Alpine club also sell a repro badge bar as well (not sure if they sell to non-members though).

Regards, Robin.

Im not quite sure the major parts are there.. i'd be suspect on those brackets working with the alpine front valence/bumber design .. the correct ones all crank through to clear the valence then go back, and unless using the angled post lamps, they also go back over the valence once above it.

If its cheap maybe its worth a gamble.

64beam

Donation Time
I realise that they may not be 100% compatible, but if the auction stays low it still may be worth it. I'm sure someone could be adapt/fabricate something to make it fit. The Alpine brackets are completely different to the ones pictured.

Regards, Robin.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
If asked, the seller will ship abroad - I asked at a point when I was interested.

Very pricey to ship however.

I believe he said the bar is 27 inches long, which seems about right. He also has/had listed a radiator grill from the same car - perhaps someone will recognize the car from the picture of the grill??

I just looked, the grill seems gone, but surely the picture is still "out there" in Ebayland for anyone who knows how to find it.

Allan