• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Orchid Green Alpine on Pan Am TV Series

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
My appologies if this has already been posted. The ABC TV Series, Pan Am is set in the 1960's and often showcases cars from the era. The recent episode called One Coin In a Fountain had numerous shots of a parked Orchid Green Alpine with a black hard top. The setting was Monte Carlo. Interestingly, the car reappears a few minutes later traveling through a NY neighborhood. I guess the set designer didn't think anyone would notice. Here's the link if anyone would like to watch the episode.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/pan-am/episode-guide

Kim
Series III
TIger I & II

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Well, it's no Mad Men is it..........:rolleyes:

Always interesting when a Rootesmobile appears in contemporary media but...

The series is supposed to be set around 1963/64 so the props department could almost be forgiven for choosing an SV Alpine in, of all colors, Orchid Green.

But a series 2 E Type with US spec side markers in Monte Carlo......?? I wonder if they're discussing this on the Jaguar forum about now?

Even some of the US iron in the street scenes was period incorrect. I give it 6/10 for accuracy. Now back to Tracy in the studio..............

Limey

Donation Time
Lance! get a grip! This piece of dire TV dross's only redeeming features are lovlies in pencil skirts and girdles and you notice an E type's US spec in a Monte Carlo cut scene. :rolleyes::rolleyes: ;)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I don't think the show is doing well. Sure would like to be able to buy the car when they start dumping pieces and props. My guess it belongs to some company and they rented it.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Oliver,

Oh, I am an old duffer aren't I.....? Of course you're right, I was mistakenly under the impression that this was a forum to discuss British sports cars of the 1960's. Talk of vintage ladies fashion and support garments has far more relevance in a group such as this. What WAS I thinking...........:rolleyes:

Never mind the dolly birds and hurry up with that Alpine resto. We're all waiting....:p