• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

oil filter mount

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Have a bit of an odd filter set up on the 2.8 I'm prepping for my SV.
hoping I can modify to route the oil through the Alpine's oil cooler, then through the filters and back to the engine. should be able to locate the filter set up in the engine bay at a convenient location.

DSCF0662.JPG DSCF0663.JPG

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
I have something similar, but only uses a single filter. It should work for you - using proper hydraulic hoses in lieu of the hard pipe may help with getting everything where you want it.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't think you can get pass the Headers with that arrangement:)

Will be interesting to see though.....

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm hoping with a couple of 90's right off the casting and eliminating the copper plumbing.
Might be OK.
Dan, what is the clearance from block to header at this point? I'll likely need about 4 inches.
Bob

90days

Donation Time
I like your idea of the remote oil filter and I’m also installing a remote Filter and an aftermarket oil cooler on my Series V. I have an adapter similar to yours and running AN 90 elbows off the adapter to clear the exhaust. Ebay has several fairly modestly priced kits that would work. Not to be too critical and please I meant no disrespect, but that oil filter adapter in your photo needs to go back to Home Depot. Summit for example has this kit for $38.00, “Derale Engine Oil Filter Relocation Kits 15718” that will work on Ford 2.8L V6. Don’t risk a major oil leak and destroy all your hard work.

Attachments

• der-15718_w_xl[1].jpg
    der-15718_w_xl[1].jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 21
  • ear-91006erl_xl[1].jpg
    ear-91006erl_xl[1].jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 19

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Love that filter kit you show. I agree the plumbing on the adapter is sure to go back to H.D.:).
But this is what came with the engine, so I'll see if I can work with it.
Local hydraulic shop will help out with new lines.
bob