• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Offy 4V intake for 2.8

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
There are a few better deals than $516 on the OFy intake shop a bit!

I see where it look like the Water Neck is a dollar or so cheaper than the last one I bought.

I modify them by cutting the neck and re welding it to point to the left going along with my recommendation on the Radiator modifications.... Keep the upper hose connection on the left hand side, just modify the bottom connection by putting a 90 degree elbow on the underside pointing straight back toward the left had side, Connecting by utilizing a GATES 22080 hose, trimmed to fit.

Much neater and less hassle fooling with the "short" (4" or so) hose between the radiator and the thermostat housing.

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hey Jose,
I sure hope I can, it would be great to see you again.
Yeah, that's a great price for the intake. I hope someone in the Alpine world buys it.
I need to get the hydraulic throw out bearing issue resolved. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze that project in. :)
Take Care,
Bryan

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bryan, What Engine and Transmission are you putting together in order to utilized the Hyd Throwout bearing? Which Hyd Bearing are you using?

Thanks for any info,

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dan,
I used Jose's kit to put a 2.8 V6 with a T5 from a Mustang 5.0 in about 12 years ago. I used a Tilton hydraulic throw out bearing set up. At the moment I'm not sure if I have a bad master cylinder or the Tilton has gone bad. Whatever it is, I have no clutch.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bryan, Have you had any prior trouble with the Release bearing? How many miles on it?

The reason I'm asking is I plan to utilize one from RamClutches in one on new conversions.

What Clutch Cylinder do you have? What size 3/4, 7/8 ? Thanks for any info to pass along,

DanR

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm thinking that it is a 3/4" MC. It might be a 5/8". I know I had to modify the clevis/pushrod from the old to the new. I'll try to look at it this weekend. I think I've put around 30-35K on the car easily (not sure as I've never hooked up the speedo/odo). Been across the country a few times and a bunch of trips to Seattle, LA, Glacier National Park) Never had a hiccup from the Tilton.

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think I got most of that stumble/hesitation out with the last distributor. I'll let you know for sure when I get it running again. :)