• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Odometer Reset Arm removal

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Simple question but does the odometer reset arm simply unscrew from the bottom of the Speedo housing? I’m afraid of putting too much pressure on it and breaking something as it’s very tight. There’s an outer cover on the arm that makes it more difficult to grip. Any tips? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5977.jpeg
    IMG_5977.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5976.jpeg
    IMG_5976.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Simple question but does the odometer reset arm simply unscrew from the bottom of the Speedo housing? I’m afraid of putting too much pressure on it and breaking something as it’s very tight. There’s an outer cover on the arm that makes it more difficult to grip. Any tips? Thanks
It's been a while since I messed with one, but I seemed to remember a split pin holding it in place.

Asm109

Donation Time
Remove the screws in the back and the guts will come out the front. The reset arm just snakes out through the hole.

If you HAVE to separate them, you can then do it on the bench. I too seem to recall a cross drilled pin.

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey guys. I really appreciate the feedback. After looking at some of the suggestions above I still have been unable to remove the speedo from the dash due to the reset arm.

@Asm109 I only see one screw in the back. Not sure that holds the guts but even if it does I don't see how the reset arm will fit thru the hole in the casing. It looks too small and I not sure it will flex/bend enough to slide out. Can you provide more details/pics if possible

@hartmandm Please see additional pictures. I don't see a split pin I can remove? Is it higher and inaccessible?

Any other suggestions? I appreciate all the help.

Attachments

• IMG_5983.jpg
    IMG_5983.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5985.jpg
    IMG_5985.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5986.jpg
    IMG_5986.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5989.jpg
    IMG_5989.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
The speedo is out, and the solution was so simple with a little help from Mike at British Speedo. Hope this helps someone else in future...

I didn't undo any screws or have to remove the shaft. With the odometer reset arm at 6 o'clock, and the cable disconnected, pull the speedo as far forward as it will come and then TILT the top forward until the back of the case slips thru the hole. The gauge should then be out. Now shipping it off to Mike for repair. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_5991.jpg
    IMG_5991.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5990.jpg
    IMG_5990.jpg
    955.4 KB · Views: 8