• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

OD speedo

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Folks, Looking for an "experienced" O D speedo,(non-syncro if that matters) red needle, does not need to be perfect but I'd like a presentable one, I'm tired of driving over 100 mph :D, when I drive down the street. Also looking for a handful of "lift dot" studs, these need not be silver, but the threads should be serviceable.

Thanks, Tom j

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Folks, Looking for an "experienced" O D speedo,(non-syncro if that matters) red needle, does not need to be perfect but I'd like a presentable one, I'm tired of driving over 100 mph :D, when I drive down the street.
Thanks, Tom j

Tom: What series Alpine do you want the speedometer for? I have a slightly used - 43 miles on the trip odometer - overdrive speedometer with a white needle for an early series Alpine. According to the parts manual it should fit Series I and II up to vin number B 9105974. These would be non-synchro transmissions. If it fits your needs I will sell it at a reasonable price.

You may also consider using a conversion box between the tranny and the speedometer. I used United Speedometer Service to build a conversion box so that my Series V speedometer would read accurately with my 5 speed transmission. Cost was about $100 and the speedometer is "spot on".

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the ideas guys, I'm going to have the one in the car re-worked....

Tom j

Jim E

Donation Time
Tom,
Buy Pauls to run while you have yours reworked, I am sure you will be able to sell it to someone when it is done, for what you have in it.