• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now I'm in for it.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
A dana 44 rear end out of a postal jeep is now on its way to my garage. A buddy of mine went home to Alabama for the holidays and is bringing this back to Iowa for me.

It will require some mods to get the hubs to match the alpine bolt pattern, spring perches and such, but it has the 3.07 limited slip I need and that will stand up to the v8.

40383.jpeg

Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I set the rear end up on jack stands in the garage the other day so I could give things a spin. It is for sure a trac loc and has the desired 3.07 gears. It should be a really good combo for this car.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
So I was just chatting with a coworker of mine who lives in the UK. He is this side of the pond for a few weeks. I of course had to show him some pics of my alpine. He related a story to me of when he was a young man going to university, he kept a room in a large house owned by an executive with Rootes. He said this guy had one of the first tigers and he got to ride in it a few times. He also told me he has a NOS Smith's clock that he will gift me upon his return home. I will let you know what it turns out to be.

alpine_64

Donation Time
View attachment 24323 I went with 195/60R14s Falken Azenis tires.

No news or pictures from the shop of course.
I ran those falkens for a few years.. Great tyres BUT they are soft ans quite sticky and slick .. Soooo will throw stones.. I advise you to put some film on the training edges of your wheel arches and the sill areas behind so they don't get sand/ rock blasted on that lovely paint job.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I ran those falkens for a few years.. Great tyres BUT they are soft ans quite sticky and slick .. Soooo will throw stones.. I advise you to put some film on the training edges of your wheel arches and the sill areas behind so they don't get sand/ rock blasted on that lovely paint job.
"sticky and slick". Isn't that about like saying is skinny and fat?

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good idea about the protective film. That should only extend the time in the shop by another six months. Oh well.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have been granted an audience with my car for later this afternoon. I hope to pick up the egg crate grill so I can get it to the powder coater and do a walk around with the shop owner to create a punch list of things that still need to be done.