• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NOS sparto reverse lamps

alpine_64

Donation Time
If anyone isl ooking for some NOS sparto reverse lamps here you go:

8597_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-PAIR-OF-NEW...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Was it these type of Sparto lights that also needed an adaptor for mounting to the rear valance or were holes drilled for mounting to suit the fitting (holes would have to be drilled anyway, but you know what I mean...I hope).

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
yes,

they need a base set (someone in the USA is reproing these for $ US200 a pair in stainless polished to mirror finish) and yes, you have to drill.. but you have to do that for the WIPAC's too.

I was posting these as lots of people seem to pay silly $ for them without looking a little further abroad...

65beam

Donation Time
reverse lights

never really gave much thought to what i would have given for them since i put in a slightly higher bid before i left to run some errands . i guess i just got lucky and won them .

alpine_64

Donation Time
never really gave much thought to what i would have given for them since i put in a slightly higher bid before i left to run some errands . i guess i just got lucky and won them .

I guess the reason i ask is the reason i posted them on the forum, i have seen these bought many times by the same bidder only to be exported to the USA then sold on again to members of our list at much higher prices, and often these people have been unaware they require the almost impossible to obtain original bases.. though repros now available at $US200 each.. not cheap if you didnt relaise you need them.. i was hoping i was helping our listers out.. the reason i ask.. being USA residents seem happy to pay more than others.. your bid of 75GBP is cheap (esp given the weak pound) had you bought them stateside.. i am guessing they would have cost much more.

65beam

Donation Time
reverse lights

michael,

on any given day i am watching 30 to 40 items on both the U.S. and U.K. ebay sites . most of what i watch are parts that would be good spares for our cars . if the price is right ,i buy .i am able to repair just about anything that may happen to any of my cars . some of you will disagree with this ,but these lights will end up in my display cabinet along with many other hard to find pieces . they won't be sold so don't worry about that .