• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NOS Head on eBay?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I thought there was a ridge around the combustion chamber that was supposed to indicate when the surface had been honed too much. At least that was how it worked when heads with little mileage were around. Am I thinking of something else? Or is it time to get my medication checked?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jim,
We'll get you into therapy 24/7 right away:D
There's a half-moon recess on the head surface that's used as a guage when milling the head. A good machinist will also mark how much he removed. Usually, its not done (because he's not a good machinist)
Jan
($510 is not outragous, usually, with all the welding & guide & surfacing, I'll have $400 bill for a head)

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thank you Dr. Jan. That must be what I was thinking of. I'll check in with you regarding the correct dosage later.