• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NOS Alpine steering wheel for sale!

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Doesn't say if it's the earlier (larger) wheel or if it's the later (smaller) wheel for the Alpine.
Nice to see Jack Green still has limitless credit.....

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Jack who?

Yes, did you see the steering wheel center caps on ebay?
I was looking at them to make some custom badges but the cost.....wow!

Andrew

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Who is Jack Green and what is his story? It seems no price is too much for him on Ebay.

Jack (John actually) is a fella that has become sickly attracted to Rootes parts. They are you might say........his God. He will pay ridiculous money for stuff he already has, especially if it's in the Rootes package. For example, the three-eared gas cap that he just paid over $208 for...............he already has at least a dozen! I don't really even think he is interested in these cars. He just loves the parts. He would pawn his wife and kid for another NOS thing-a-ma-gig if it's in the Rootes package!! His garage and house are filled with parts he will never use, nor is he willing to help a fellow Sunbeam enthusiast out by sell one of 20 he has of something.
The good thing is, we know where these parts are and they will be available someday for 10 cents on the dollar. You might say that John is paying to "store" these for all of us. That sad part is, everyone knows this and gets a kick out of running him up on parts, just to see how far they can push him, with no intention of buying themselves. I have found myself doing it! :)
That my friend, is Jack-o-Green.

65beam

Donation Time
steering wheel

paul,
unless something has changed,i think john still has his series 1 he bought new . plus he's not the only person out there that buys nos stuff just to display in the house and garage .

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul-you described John pretty well. Before he discovered eBay he used to call me often looking for "parts for his S1" I sold him quite a few things at very good prices as I thought he was actually using them on his car. Then when he told me he was just collecting parts to display I quit selling to him. He even makes his own Lucas boxes. I can see having a few NOS things to put on display with no intention of ever using them, but buying stuff you will never use at whatever price when someone else needs them to finish off their car is hard to understand. And don't bid against him with the intention of buying that part you will need-he will outbid you everytime! Everyone has a hobby-I guess that is his.....Eric

65beam

Donation Time
nos

eric,
i think i may have outbid him a couple times , but you're right .it's hard to outbid him .

howard

Donation Time
If the bidding stopped RIGHT NOW it would be just under $200.00 USD- including shipping, etc. But we all know about the last minute sniping that will occur...

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Actually, It's a Series II. I think he re-purchased it and restored it. He also bought a Tiger off e-bay a year or so ago.

Paul

Unlike John, I love to sell! Sometimes, needing the parts later :) I don't like stuff hanging around.

paul,
unless something has changed,i think john still has his series 1 he bought new . plus he's not the only person out there that buys nos stuff just to display in the house and garage .

65beam

Donation Time
nos

paul,you would not like being around my house . our china hutch is full of sunbeam items including items such as : an nos set of rootes driving and fog lights,new lemans scripts,tiger mk 2 head light rims,a set of lumax driving lights ,etc . we have sunbeam items and memorabilia all over the house .my shop and storage buildings are full of sunbeam parts.it's an addiction!

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have often wondered who jack green was, he has outbid me on a bunch of stuff, and many times on the same type of item, which did confuse me. I guess its his choice, his money.. so good luck to him. I am not going to condem him for what he does.. nor am i intending to p1$$ him off... otherwise he may take those parts with him later!

On a side note.. i do hoard parts.. ball joints, tie rods etc.. anything consumable.. but only if they come up at a good price. Sadly when i needed to do mine late last year all the parts were gone! Dad had taken them for his SIV.. funny how he had no issue taling the parts.. yet had constantly told me off for buying things i dont need :rolleyes:

65beam

Donation Time
nos

michael,
post your phone number and ask john to call you. he really is a great guy to talk to .

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would probably love to have a chat to john, infact he probably wants some old boxes i have (i can never bring myself to throw away the rootes packaging one i use a part.. they just look so cool!) and he is welcome to them if he really wants.

Might be a bit hard for us to chat though.. given i'm down the underside of the globe.. but i still get a few words in now and then with some fellow board members.. :D

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
paul,you would not like being around my house . our china hutch is full of sunbeam items including items such as : an nos set of rootes driving and fog lights,new lemans scripts,tiger mk 2 head light rims,a set of lumax driving lights ,etc . we have sunbeam items and memorabilia all over the house .my shop and storage buildings are full of sunbeam parts.it's an addiction!

No, I would love being around all that stuff! I'm not condemning John, just don't understand it. Yes, he is great guy to talk to. Just don't expect him to sell you any parts you need. I've tried!

P

agmason

Donation Time
John must be old if he is the original owner of Series 1. I guess his estate admin will have quite a yard sale with all the NOS Rootes parts. Where does Jack live?

65beam

Donation Time
nos

now you're getting it .you're right about the packaging being the whole thing .it's an addiction ! i wish i could talk the wife into letting me hang up some of the nos panels with the original part tags that we have . probably would drive her cat nuts for a few days but so what !