• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NOS Alpine Headlight Rim

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I think new in the factory box was worth $200 the last time I saw them.
I have 2 in the original boxes and I would not sell them

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
headlite rims

These people must be on ............ Rick had these at one time for 90 bucks
and was also going to offer plastic ones and I have two in primer $100.00

Joel

alpine_64

Donation Time
These people must be on ............ Rick had these at one time for 90 bucks
and was also going to offer plastic ones and I have two in primer $100.00

Joel

Not meaning to be rude.. but how long ago was rick offering these.. there just arent NOS ones around much anymore.. and most SH ones are either cracked, pitted or bent from over tightening at the screw.

The prices they are bringing make them worth manufacture, the rims are useful on all alpines/tigers/minx/rapier .. the market is there.. who will do it?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I looked at Kips site and could not find them. From what I did see there I bet they are $$$pensive! Eric

65beam

Donation Time
headlight rims

the owner of the shop that is restoring my series 4 and i were discussing kip this last week. he has found that they don't stock a lot of the parts that they sell. he seems to think that they make them as orders come in . that could add to the time it takes to get the parts.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, I believe Kip does run a 'produce on demand' business. However, although that does make things more expensive and the time to procure longer, it also offers a wider product range that he can produce, without suffering the overhead of an enormous, slow-moving inventory. It's probably the only economical business model he could follow for such incredibly limited-production parts supplies. Personally, I'm thankful that folks like him are in business, because "slow to get" and "expensive" is a lot better than "NLA" and "unobtainium"! ;)

65beam

Donation Time
headlight rims

puff 4,
i agree with what you're saying concerning inventory. i know what it's like to juggle large inventories among warehouses in several states. it's a real headache since inventory doesn't pay the bills. the drawback to not stocking anything is that IF something is needed quick it's not available. the wait could be long if plating is required. i would hope that they keep one of what they sell in stock.

65beam

Donation Time
headlight rims

i have been sorting thru my new rims to find the best set for the series 4 and ran across one set that each box has a price tag showing 10.00 each. have no idea how long ago i bought them but it must have been a few decades ago.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
NOS Headlight Rims

"The prices they are bringing make them worth manufacture, the rims are useful on all alpines/tigers/minx/rapier .. the market is there.. who will do it?"

The last time I was in Kip Motors (last summer) the rims were in stock at $100each. They are much heavier and more durable than the originals. They may not be in the catalog so if you want a pair, call them and they can check stock in a couple of minutes.

Rick Guest

65beam

Donation Time
headlight rims

when you refer to them being heavier, are you talking about the thickness of the material ? if so, that could be a problem as far as fitting them to the headlamp bucket. my originals on the series 4 have to be rotated to take them off and they also fit tight around the chrome rim that holds the lamp in place. also keep in mind that the rims should follow the same contours as the fenders and not stick out past the fenders when installed. extra thickness could really make for a bad fit. kip should really make the parts to the same specs as the originals. having the parts available again is a good thing but not if they aren't right.

skywords

Donation Time
Last thing I bought from Kip was tail light lenses and they were Chaquita Bananas warped almost to the point of useless.