• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

No jokes?

Nickodell

Donation Time
I don't understand this:

General Chit-Chat
Please keep off-topics relating to jokes, politics, and religion out of this section. Thank you! Language in poor taste is prohibited.

Offensive language speaks for itself, as does other text that might reasonably be expected to offend; but are even jokes prohibited? Do I have to stop my monthly "It's to Laugh"? What, then, is the meaning of "General Chit-Chat"?

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Everyone,

No, jokes are ok. I would draw the line at "dirty" jokes. Anything that might poke fun at someone elses religion, politics or gender should be avoided. I don't want to be a party pooper, but I get tons of complaints when someone posts out of taste comments. We need to conduct ourselves as professionally as possible while using the forum. Remember, this is used on an International basis and people in other countries (and regions of the USA) have views and social lives that may be different than ours. We aren't here at this forum to discuss these topics or offend. We are here to discuss the Alpine and promote the marque. Thanks for asking about that Nick.

I should edit that topic heading to read "dirty" jokes. We can have a general chit-chat section without being offensive... can't we? I'm not trying to sound like a liberal here and it's quite possible that I may share the same points of view as you, who knows... But I'm sure you guys can still find plenty of things to chit-chat about without being insulting. Just try to think about what you are posting before you hit the submit button because I'm tired of dealing with the complaints.

I'm not going to be monitoring all posts and acting like a big brother or anything, so have fun and don't hold back... but if I start getting complaints about posts I will issue a warning prior to infractions. Just use your common sense.

Nickodell

Donation Time
OK, got it. No "dirty" jokes; that's fair enough, and at the same time serves to protect the forum and its members. I have strayed over the line more than once, for which I should be castigated. It is easy to forget that some of our members or readers are of the fair sex, too.