• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nissan CA18DET in Alpine

bashby

Donation Time
Have turbo exhaust manifold and intercooler completed! Just about done with the Series 4 Hulk (any offers?), then freshen up the engine and trans and drop them into my Series 5! Removed right cowl/fender brace for motor install it fits right back without any interference. Did not have to cut or massage anything to fit it (other than removing the old engine mounts). Engine is a JDM Nissan CA18DET w/ 5-speed 175 HP conservative from factory (easily taken to 240 HP) factory 7500 RPM redline.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bashby,

I think it looks good from the pictures. Are you able to enlarge the pictures at all (they are tiny when opened). I nearly bought an Alpine series V with the same conversion, but nowhere near as neat as your installation.

Regards, Robin.

bashby

Donation Time
CA18DET in Alpine Photos

I will post some better-larger photos. Am in process of installing a Watts link in the rear, so far no issues but not much room.

64beam

Donation Time
I will post some better-larger photos. Am in process of installing a Watts link in the rear, so far no issues but not much room.

Hi,

Can you also post some of the watts link installation? Are you using your car on the track or just improving the road handling?

Regards, Robin.

bashby

Donation Time
Watts Link and Photos

I am simply making it more street drivable we have no tracks in the Denver area. I will post photos as I complete them, fabricating brackets and the like.