• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nice Tiger up for auction

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It would certainly not be my first choice - it might even be my last choice among stock colors - but it doesn't look that bad in person.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The British call it "goose poo" and I think it describes it pretty well :rolleyes:
I had a 1974 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe that was a similar color. A developer friend of mine referred to it as "baby sh!t green", which is what they called the avocado kitchen appliances that were popular at the time.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
So the guy that bought it called me as he was high bidder on the 92 BaT offering. He asked me some pointed TAC questions regarding that car. I have never seen the car it was the boilerplate and the practices of the TAC procedure. I'm not an inspector but been shooed away many times. I guess he really wanted a Tiger and this one's off to Dale for some sorting and to become a driver in So.Cal. Having never seen one in person all I can say is it's not my cup of tea. They make a Porsche and a MBZ that is a dark brown that I don't like either . The positive close is if you can drop that kinda dough on a old car you can afford a respray or to take the 2 point deduction for no factory color if showing in stock.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Well, that confirms that the value of these cars will only continue to go up which I am happy about

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
He was asked me how much I wanted for mine. It's got 250 miles on it after 30 years parked. The honeymoon isn't over yet...

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
A couple of restorers are leaving the state to retire or just leave the trade. In addition to that parts cars are hard to sell