• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Tiger

atallamcs

Donation Time
Well, it has been several years since I sold the Black Tiger GT--I have tried to stay in touch with the new owner but he never responds to emails. Anyway, many of you know I plan on building another Tiger, making up for some of the short falls inherent with a Tiger and improving on a few things here and there. My old tiger:
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1446863921078015567aaaXqu

I had the good fortune to find a one-owner 1965 Tiger, rust free and with the factory hard top. Seems he had the vision to buy the car in 65 and held onto until now. I will restore this one and bring it back to its former glory.

Glad to be a Tiger owner again!

Bill Atalla

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

That is great news and I will be anxiously waiting for those restoration photo's of your new Tiger. It will definately be something to see going by your efforts with your other cars.

Regards, Robin.

Duke

Donation Time
The black car is amazing. Attention to detail is stunning.

I am a bit confused being a relative newb. Is the car a Tiger (1964??) or Alpine GT conversion? If so, where did you get all of the Tiger specific parts...a donor Tiger?

alpine_64

Donation Time
The black car is amazing. Attention to detail is stunning.

I am a bit confused being a relative newb. Is the car a Tiger (1964??) or Alpine GT conversion? If so, where did you get all of the Tiger specific parts...a donor Tiger?

Duke,

Bills ex-tiger was one of the 15 IIRC tigers that were GT's. These were early cars when they were still working out the specs.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Bill,

Cool, can't wait to see a whole new set of pictures to drool over. :D

I'm always amazed (and jealous) of the attention to detail and level of restoration on your cars. Do you do all that work yourself or do you have really good local shop?

-Todd

atallamcs

Donation Time
Tiger Restoration

Thanks for the nice comments and support. I only do the design work, find the difficult/rare/missing parts. I have a shop in Nevada (Harrahs Auto Museum) that does all the work from the ground up.
Bill

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Harrahs Auto Museum

Thanks for the nice comments and support. I only do the design work, find the difficult/rare/missing parts. I have a shop in Nevada (Harrahs Auto Museum) that does all the work from the ground up.
Bill

Harrahs Auto Museum has the most complete collection of early cars built pre 1900's to 1940's. If your ever in Reno Nevada take the time and go visit the museum you will not be disappointed. Wow no wonder Bill Atalla cars are so museum quality I have seen the museum and WOW now I know!

Donna
:D

napa 1

Donation Time
Bill's cars are even more stunning in person. Especially the Harrington with the bonnet flash ;) Ok Bill, I'm next, find me a nice Tiger to restore would ya?

atallamcs

Donation Time
Tiger

Ok John, I will find that Tiger for you. I know of one sitting in a barn next to an original Cobra--maybe a package deal?
bill

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Harrah's Foundation

Harrahs Auto Museum has the most complete collection of early cars built pre 1900's to 1940's. If your ever in Reno Nevada take the time and go visit the museum you will not be disappointed. Wow no wonder Bill Atalla cars are so museum quality I have seen the museum and WOW now I know!

Donna

No longer called Harrah's Auto Museum. Now the National Automobile Museum. On Mill St just east of South Virginia St. in Reno. When you go make sure you stop at Bertha Miranda's Mexican Resturant just a little further east on Mill and across the street.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Combined with the Corvette Museum

No longer called Harrah's Auto Museum. Now the National Automobile Museum. On Mill St just east of South Virginia St. in Reno. When you go make sure you stop at Bertha Miranda's Mexican Resturant just a little further east on Mill and across the street.

Yes they did officially change the name and are in partnership with the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Greens, KY. Since we did the museum delivery with our 06 Pumpkin November 23rd 2005. We were in Reno for Jim's bowing tournament May of this year and I found the museum while looking for something Car related to do. They should promote the National Automobile Museum more, seems the Reno shows, concerts and gambling get all the glitz.
If your ever in Reno or Tahoe, Nevada take time to walk through and see the copper steamer, the first Chevrolet built by a couple of brothers, and the first Model T SUV(camper) package, the cars are perfect and the collection of early cars extensive.

Donna

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Better promotion

Donna,

Couldn't agree more. Reno does very little to promote the N.A.M. All the times I've been there I've never seen a crowded parking lot. Most of the visitors are ...how do I say this politely?.....older than me....by a bit...