• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Stainless Bumpers

dmich2

Donation Time
WOW Puff. :confused: I dunno...:eek: They are shiny. Look like chrome to me. Funny. Just realized when I looked at the other cars around the house, everything is a plastic or fiberglass. Guess real metal chrome was replaced with plastic a while ago. :(

Sorry the pictures don't show the differences that well. I mean, the old bumpers were nice and straight, but they are pitted, have surface rust, and places where bumper sticker were are nice and shiney, but all around is bad. Estimates I got to rechrome, and I mean only estimates as no one would give me a diffinate price, just said, "at the least..." It will be 450.00 per bumper and 75.00 per overrider. I figure I saved a couple hundred bucks at least. So far I'm pleased with what I have. We'll see how they hold up.

Dennis

SumBeans

Donation Time
Non-Magnetic Stainless

Dennis

Could you test the bumpers with a magnet to see what grade of stainless they are made of? Stainless comes in different grades and the lower grades will have a slight magnetism. For comparison sake, your kitchen sink should have no attraction to your magnet at all.
The longevity of the bumpers can be determined by the metallurgical composition. ;)

socorob

Donation Time
those look nice, too bad they dont make some of the other chrome parts in stanless. keep us posted on how they hold up.

SumBeans

Donation Time
The magnet did Not stick, I Will commit

Thank-you Dennis

Knowing that the bumpers are true as their advertisement, I will order a pair for my car. Their ebay auction produced no purchases but your evaluation should help others in the need to make a decision like myself.:D
I only hope they sell enough to cover their costs and stay in business unlike others who have tried to supply for our market. The plastic "hockey stick" for the early alpine doors is a good example of low demand killed production. :(
Better order them before they disappear!

dmich2

Donation Time
SumBeans. I would look at the company's web-site and contact them. Seems to me it was cheaper ordering straight from the company. Good luck.

Dennis