• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New owner....new member

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
F9759C9E-4FF7-4385-B30E-9B12BDB78E30.jpeg The description for this forum mentions introducing yourself, so here I go...
As stated in the thread title, I am a new owner (as of last week) but I am not new to Sunbeams. My dad has had them since I was in high school...and that’s been a while. He owns a ‘65 Alpine GT and a ‘66 Tiger...both that he restored personally.

I am thrilled to have this ‘67, which for around 30 years has belonged to another member of the family. It was a pretty new mechanical restoration when he bought it and he restored it cosmetically (with my dad). That’s the good part. The bad part is it hasn’t been driven in about 25 years. I’m about to begin bringing the old chap back to life and between the wealth of knowledge my dad has and the hours per day that I’ve been spending on this site, information/advice does not appear that it will be an issue.

I’m looking forward to being a contributing member of the club and hopefully shaking the hands of many of you sometime. See you around!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great looking 'Pine and welcome.
Slight correction to your description. As long as the car is not a rust bucket, there is no bad part. All other problems pale in comparison.

Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome and thanks for joining up!
Many of us know your Dad and hope both of you can come to next years Invasion in Columbia, SC or other British shows here in the SE. Great looking Alpine you have. Eric

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Welcome and thanks for joining up!
Many of us know your Dad and hope both of you can come to next years Invasion in Columbia, SC or other British shows here in the SE. Great looking Alpine you have. Eric

I believe we met YEARS ago and I've heard your name many times, always in favorable context. :)

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Congratulations and welcome to the Club! You have certainly come to the right place to get whatever help you need getting 'the old chap' back on the road. Good luck and have fun!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Congratulations! Nice looking car. if you send me the VIN number I can determine if it is in the registry. If it is not in the registry I will need VIN number, SAL number, engine number, color code and any additional comments you want me to enter. Thanks! Paul send info to my email palmjeld@yahoo.com

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Congratulations! Nice looking car. if you send me the VIN number I can determine if it is in the registry. If it is not in the registry I will need VIN number, SAL number, engine number, color code and any additional comments you want me to enter. Thanks! Paul send info to my email palmjeld@yahoo.com

Thanks...if you're referring to the registry on this page, I submitted the info and it was added, last week or the week before.
I have since recorded the Body #, if you'd like to add that to my entry - SAL 610990

The vin is B395012246 LRX

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks...if you're referring to the registry on this page, I submitted the info and it was added, last week or the week before.
I have since recorded the Body #, if you'd like to add that to my entry - SAL 610990

The vin is B395012246 LRX
Thanks. P

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just curious as to when the PIC was taken. If 25 years ago or even yesterday your Alpine looks in incredible shape!

May you enjoy it to the fullest:)

Just keep'em on-the-Road,

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks!

It was actually taken about three weeks ago. I’ve got him running and believe I’m only a master cylinder kit, a bleeding of the brakes (hopefully that’s all it is), and a set of tires away from hitting the road.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
An Alpine that has been setting for 25 years probably has black Gummy Worms every place you'd expect to find hydraulic seals.

Bill