• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New member of the family

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well, a local Sunbeam wise man told me that "Life is too short to own one Alpine" so I just bought my second one. Thanks Eric!! Since I am hooked on the Series 3 model I had to have another one. Just got in from driving back and forth from South Carolina and Rockford, Illinois (30 hours) with a Series 3 GT on the trailer behind me. This car has been garaged since the
70's and is very original. It has some cool things like the lamp attached to the rear view mirror, the wire netting with the insulation under the bonnet. It has the original carpet and all of the original rubber. It's pretty neat to see just how it came from the factory. Scott, the chassis number for this car is B9202493 GT , Color code 53 LRX SB. I will slowly bring her back to life and keep her away from the Sunbeam graveyard.

On the way back I stayed over in Indy right down from the race track so I had to have a picture of the car there.

Cheers,

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Rockford is only 30 minutes from me, how did this one slip by my greedy little obsession with buying every alpine I can find within 150 miles or so?
How did you find it?
Looks like a GREAT car, should be one of the easier ones to bring back to glory.
Good luck, and congratulations!:)

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Jeff,
Check out this site. It gathers classifieds from all over and places them in one site.

http://www.vast.com/cars/used-for-sale-Sunbeam

I wish I knew you were that close and coudl have had your opion on it before I mde that long trip. Had to argue with the owner over some mis-representation. Cracked windshield, lots of dings in the body and rear end damage. I'm happy with it but had to re-negotiate the price after a long haul!

Cheers,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Congratulations!

Wow, So that is what the insulation was originally on the bonnet of my GT Series IV. Take lots of pictures of all those little extras, mine had the light on the rear view mirror also but the restoration guys had trouble with wiring it back up so they mounted an after market one down under the dash on the drivers side, nice but not what it was.

Donna
:D

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Donna,
I have looked at the light located on the rear view mirrow and see that the wiring goes inot the winshield rubber molding and around to the dash on the drivers side then through the dash under the windshield and then donw to the door switch. This car has a clock that is made by JECO. Is this an original stock clock?

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Todd, Looks like it was worth the trip, now you've got twins ! Gotta like those fins ! Best of luck with your resto.

Tom j

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Great looking car Todd! I see it also has the original, and correct, air cleaner set up. Be careful when you take that set up apart - that air hose between the big canister and the cover over the carbs is irreplaceable.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Scott, Did you get the numbers I posted at the beginning to put this car in our registry?

The hose from the air filter to the carbs, was that supposed to be rubber? This one is rock hard!

Mike, The vise grips were a Rootes Accessory but only for the GT's. However the "hinge" on the gas peddle was an add-on.

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Great looking Alpine, Todd!
This can be your "trophy" from the show last weekend-you did a great job there. Now Denise has a Sunbeam to drive....Eric

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Todd, That is a great looking S3GT! Just like mine, only mine need a little more work! Same great color though. By the way, Scott hasn't been the one with the registries for a couple of years. I've got your numbers and they will be included in the update that will be completed and sent to Andrew in a few days.

Thanks!
Steve Shuttleton

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Thanks for the photos how cool, I don't think I have ever seen a wood dash, so that is what mine looked like, WOW was beautiful new, not like the later plastic ones. Mine was in chunks on the floor board and my steering wheel was a rusted ring. I would have to say new back in 64 that setup had to be sharp looking. Guess why my light got mounted under the drivers dash, but I have to remember they put a whole new wiring harness in so the Prince of Darkness was eradicated.

Donna