• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Forum User

slantflat

Donation Time
Hi everyone.

New guy here. New to Sunbeams. Don't own one yet, just been looking around. Hope to learn a little here and there and maybe come up with a car. Hope everyone is well.

Mike

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi everyone.

New guy here. New to Sunbeams. Don't own one yet, just been looking around. Hope to learn a little here and there and maybe come up with a car. Hope everyone is well.

Mike
Saw you’re in Atlanta...I’m in Rome.

Happy hunting and I hope to be able to see you and your ‘new’ Sunbeam at a show in the near future.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Hello Mike, glad to have you join us. My words of advise: Buy a car that runs and drives, starts and stops. Nothing worse than not knowing Why? Why doesn't it run? Why doesn't it stop? Does it shift? How's the transmission? And an overdrive car is a plus for sure. Of course some of us like to do that, but in the long run makes it much more difficult and frustrating again, not to know Why? Buy the best one you can afford, cause you're probably gonna pour a bunch more $$ into it. Don't all hobbies cost $$$?
The earlier Big Fin Cars are unique, but I feel they have an aged look, 50's. To me the later series, smaller fins, have a more modern look. Just my opinion though. Fins? Yes, my favorite of all time cars is a 57 Dodge 2dr Hardtop, so, yes I like fins. Just not on my sportscars.
Good Luck.
Jim

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
There are a lot of Sunbeams around the Atlanta area..... Meet in Norcross, Ga and there are some other gathering places near too!

Steve Pace, Tom Johnson, Greg (greggers our TECH Dir) Feist has Miss Penny.... and a host of others live in the area.

Stay tuned and some of them will be making contact just like Silver Creek did.

slantflat

Donation Time
Thanks guys. I've got my ear to the ground. With the nice weather upon us, there should be plenty going on. Masks, gloves, and all;)

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks guys. I've got my ear to the ground. With the nice weather upon us, there should be plenty going on. Masks, gloves, and all;)
My advice to anyone buying an Alpine! Buy the best one that you can afford. Body and paint work is expensive. I bought one from our club show. My wife thought it was too expensive, until I walked her around the car no rust no paintwork needed most parts for mechanical, weatherstripping, and interior are available.
I have been around Sunbeam’s since 1970, there is also a network of owners and enthusiasts for our cars that are an enormous resource for used parts and how to do information.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, it can be taken as a truism that the cheapest car is seldom the best buy. Way back when, I bought a rust free shell for $1400, delivered. Guys thought I paid way too much. They did not consider that a set of floor panels were $1100, shipped. Where's the math?
Bill