• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

new forum / site very slow

O

odl21

is it just because some inital stuff is running at the moment or will the new forum always be this slow?

makes it a little unusable....

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Yes, I need to figure this one out. It's slow for me too, but not unuseable. Hang in there, I'm working on it, but don't know an answer yet. Are you on a dial-up connection?

Ian

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
It takes me nearly 15 seconds to pull up the site from a new window and about 6 seconds to view per page after I'm in the site. What are you guys getting?

napa 1

Donation Time
On DSL, I'm getting about the same as you Ian, maybe a few seconds longer. It is quite a bit slower at this point.

O

odl21

its the speed of the back end thats limiting it not the speed of people's internet connections. i'm getting similar to you ian, maybe a little slower. its probably your apache configuration if your host cpu isn't pegged and the line connecting your server to the isp isn't fully loaded.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
odl21

That's what I'm thinking too... I'll call them and see if I can find anything out. I've done all I can do on my side. Has to be server side.

alpine_64

Donation Time
OK, I was getting slow refresh on the site from my home computer, but thats a dial connection.. at the work Cable connectino today its still slow, so i think it must be on the server side.. not sure why.. might ask the IT guy here what he can think of... just have to explain what it has to do with work :p

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Ian,

I've tried using a few different internet connections and systems here in Aus (ie work, home), all fast/broadband, and it makes no noticable difference to the speed of the site.
It takes from 15 to 60 seconds to switch pages, eg to a new thread from the "forum menu" page.

Good luck, and thanks for all of your hard work.