• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

new door hinge screws

artic cat

Donation Time
where can I get the door hinge screws (m8 1.0 oval phillips). they are $1.85 at SS. they must be cheeper somewhere. looked through google for about two hours and was only baited, every one has m8 1.25.
thanks
Steve

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I found a bolt that would match the threads, took the bolt to the local industrial nut and bolt shop and got a mess of bevel head allens in several lengths. I figured I could get more "tweek" with an allen and some loctite than a slotted or phillips head....

artic cat

Donation Time
oh yea

thanks for the reminder Jan. I will be able to find something local in the unf ( I Hope). I should have looked in the book first, I just found a hole at home depot that it fit in, but they didn't have any that size.

S3 Scott, thanks never even crossed my mind (it is going) to check mcmaster or newark... I know I should have spent that time on body work (never ending battle) and asked here first. I grew up in Trenton and use to come to a little shop near Dayton for parts to my 67 alpine (back in the early 70s). I pointed out to the guy that the cars sitting there waiting for repair seemed to be mostly wrecked in the front. he said that the tigers had more motor than breaks. That is why I am being penny wise, so I can put disc breaks all around. LOL

thanks for the answers everyone. I don't think I'll beet .26 each.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
arctic cat, I have had good luck finding oddball fasteners at the local Do It Best and Ace hardware stores. In fact, I got my hinge screws at the Do It Best. Look in the little cardboard boxes.

What part of Indiana are you located in? If you are close, I can show you a disc all around that will not break the bank.

Bill

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I get lucky with fasteners at Sears Hardware - they have a really good selection.

artic cat

Donation Time
hinge bolts

thanks for adding this info Bill and Puff. I will check out these locations.
Bill I live in Corydon, IN. near Louisville. I would be intrested in any disc I can get. I grew up in Trenton OH not to far from you.I will let you know next time i'm in Dayton visiting my sister and maybe we can get together.
Steve