• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New board doesnt seem to play well with the firefox browser.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
When I get into a thread, then click "back" the screen doesnt refresh back to the previous screen, and wont manually refresh either.

I have to go all the way back to the main menu and re-traverse to where I was.

The old forum did not act this way.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Heyyy! I am using Firefox on a Mac. Do you suppose that's why I'm less than pleased with the preformance?

Bill

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Not sure, as I do not use Firefox, I am using IE7 and I have no issues. I will read the manual and let you know what I find.

Paul

tfctpa

Donation Time
I was having the same issue with IE6-SP2, I found by right clicking on the
forum index and opening it in a new window solved the problem.
I think it may be a frame issue, this eliminates the frameset.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not saying that RootesRacer is not having problems, but I am not seeing them from here using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on XP (3 different boxes) or 1.5.0.7 / 2.0.0.1 on linux.

I did have some issues with FF following a version upgrade a couple of months ago, but a re-install seemed to solve the problem and it might be worth a try. FWIW (???), I do not have any Firefox extensions installed.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I was having the same issue with IE6-SP2, I found by right clicking on the
forum index and opening it in a new window solved the problem.
I think it may be a frame issue, this eliminates the frameset.

I agree, either setting up the browser to automatically open a new window on a new hyperlink (wastes a lot of memory), or manually opening a new window seems to resolve most if not all the issues I have seen.

Looks like the new SW is buggy?

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
firefox 2.0

Jarrid,
I'm using Firefox 2.0 on Windows XP Pro. I have a bunch of the add-ons diff skin etc. So far not having probs. For what it's worth, I almost always open a new tab for each post I want to view. Then I just cruise through the tabs and after reading close the tab. Do the same thing with ebay, craigslist, etc. Seems a little quicker for me to have the tabs loading while I'm scrolling down the list of new posts and to just close the tab as I go. :cool: Home PC doesn't seem to have memory problem, but work PC does (hypothetically speaking of course). So much running on that machine, I always blamed it on something else, but maybe it's the gazillion Firefox tabs -- again hypothetically speaking ;)

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Heyyy! I am using Firefox on a Mac. Do you suppose that's why I'm less than pleased with the preformance?

Bill

Bill,
If you think you're having performance problems now... just wait 'till you get that Fish carburetor on your Alpine :p Oops I'd better get out of my glass house before I throw stones! :eek: