• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New auto technology detects dangers before they happen

Nickodell

Donation Time
I'm not making this up; it's from the current issue of The Telegraph (London):

A current spoof advertisement on German TV shows a sleek new Mercedes driving through a village, its sophisticated new braking system automatically preventing it from hitting a young girl who dashes into the road. Then a young boy runs into the road but this time the car ploughs straight into him. Just before it hits him, for a fraction of a second you see his face with the familiar black hair parted on the wrong side and the beginning of a toothbrush mustache. The camera pans to show him crumpled in the road in the shape of part of a swastika, with his mother screaming "Adolph!" The advertising slogan at the bottom of the screen reads [in German] "Detects dangers before they occur."

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
No chance that commercial could run in this country.
Not surprised to find it in Germany.
Wouldn't be too surprised to see it in Blighty!

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Just to be clear this is a spoof of a Mercedes Commercial. In poor taste for sure. I've seen a lot of fake commercials on Saturday Night Live that were questionable to be sure. Mind you I'm not defending it as it's too extreme for me. I just wanted to be clear that it was not a real commercial.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Just to be clear this is a spoof of a Mercedes Commercial. In poor taste for sure. I've seen a lot of fake commercials on Saturday Night Live that were questionable to be sure. Mind you I'm not defending it as it's too extreme for me. I just wanted to be clear that it was not a real commercial.

Perhaps you missed this in my intro: "A current spoof advertisement ... " :confused:

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Perhaps you missed this in my intro: "A current spoof advertisement ... " :confused:

Nick, at first I did and then after I watched the video I went back to reread it and saw where it said spoof. It seemed to me that many of the folks commenting missed that fact too so I wanted to repeat it.