• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need to find a new home for Dad's Series II

HelpinDad

Donation Time
Hello SAOCA members. Hoping you guys can help us find a new home for this car that was my Dad's pet project for the last 30+ years.

My parents recently moved into assisted living and we are in the process of liquidating their estate. I am holding the Alpine out of the estate sale for 2 reasons. First, that I have very little idea of what it is worth, and I doubt anyone visiting the sale would either. And second, that the car should go to someone who will truly appreciate it.

While my folks could use the extra cash, I'm sure Dad would be willing to give a fellow Alpine enthusiast a very good (but fair) deal on it. I feel the same way having grown up with the car myself.

Anyway, a bit of history on the car (and Dad) is probably in order. Dad bought the car from a work associate in the early 70's (73 I think). The car was intact but not running and in need of minor body work (the passenger side fin as I remember), paint, some interior work, and a new top. Since then, Dad has been through virtually every part of the car. The last thing Dad was working on was setting up the throttle linkage after installing a 2 barrel Weber carb/manifold (still have the orig duals). Didn't quite get that done, although he gave it a pretty good try for a guy that will be 86 this summer. As far as I know, that is the only thing keeping this car off the road at this point.

Dad has tried to keep the car as original as possible but being a mechanical engineer he has made a few minor modifications over the years - all of which could easily be reversed with the proper parts. For example, I know he was not pleased with the original dual carbs and ended up doing painstaking air-flow analysis of them (using slide-rules). The finished analysis and drawings are amazing (a work of art really) and hopefully not lost in his paperwork.

Of course being of the slide-rule generation, he never really caught on to the internet and working on the Alpine was a solo project. Kind of a shame, because he would have enjoyed this forum immensely.

Anyway, here are a few pics I took recently when cleaning out the shop:

tb_390.jpg

tb_391.jpg

tb_392.jpg

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the wonderful tribute to your Dad. Where is the car located?