• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need a Brit 'Middle-Man..or Woman"

dmich2

Donation Time
I was wondering. From time to time I search UK ads on eBay for parts, but find the seller won't ship to the USA. Would any of you in Britian be willing to act as the buyer for items where I could PayPal you and have you ship across the pond?

Thanks,

Dennis

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
That's a good idea Dennis, I have seen several parts I would have liked to have bid on but that statement got me every time.

AlpineII

Donation Time
I have had the same problem getting parts from the USA. There's lots of people who won't ship outside the lower 48. Thankfully my best buddy lives near Philly and is always ready to help.

dmich2

Donation Time
That's great to hear Eddie. I know some may be timid in agreeing to such an arrangement, what with all the scams that go on. But I can assure you, I've been a member of this organization for a number of years and I know I have others that will vouch for me.....(maybe..:rolleyes:)

Dennis

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I'll vouch for you Dennis! :rolleyes:This can work both ways. There is always the problem with buying a car over the pond, need some trustworthy soul to give it a look.

AlpineII

Donation Time
With respect to the people on this board, I can't say enough good things. I actually bought my first Alpine sight unseen through this board, from someone I had never met, based upon someone else on the board, who I also never met, looking over the car and giving his opinion. Over the years I have done numerous deals and have yet to have a bad experience.

malcolmmuirhead

Donation Time
I was wondering. From time to time I search UK ads on eBay for parts, but find the seller won't ship to the USA. Would any of you in Britian be willing to act as the buyer for items where I could PayPal you and have you ship across the pond?

Thanks,

Dennis

Thinking about helping u out here but would the postage cost not be horrendous

dmich2

Donation Time
They could be depending on the item. But hey, some of the shipping costs on eBay are out of this world in my opinion. I bought a set of rocker covers, as you guys call them...;), and the shipping was not bad at all.

Thanks for responding. Next time I see an item, maybe you can help me out, and likewise from me.

Dennis

malcolmmuirhead

Donation Time
They could be depending on the item. But hey, some of the shipping costs on eBay are out of this world in my opinion. I bought a set of rocker covers, as you guys call them...;), and the shipping was not bad at all.

Thanks for responding. Next time I see an item, maybe you can help me out, and likewise from me.

Dennis

all sounds good to me Dennis but what if something goes wrong ie not recieving your item, obviously all based on trust then i will be Malcolm in the middle so to speak lol.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I think that one solution to the problem would be to contact the seller before bidding, to persuade him to post to US - offering to pay a premium on the freight charges may help. I understand the apparent reluctance of anyone to act as "middleman" in ebay transactions.

malcolmmuirhead

Donation Time
I think that one solution to the problem would be to contact the seller before bidding, to persuade him to post to US - offering to pay a premium on the freight charges may help. I understand the apparent reluctance of anyone to act as "middleman" in ebay transactions.

Worth trying it out tho and see how it goes.