• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need 2 locating plates for SV front brake flex hose fittings

dwolff706

Donation Time
My DPO re-engineered the originals, looking for 2 originals or repop ok too. Thanks for your assistance and Happy New Year folks.

David in Bay Area CaliforniaLocating Plate SV.png

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Haven't found any yet ! Might have to remove some from an Alpine that may get stripped. Lots of cold rain here for a few days.....

dwolff706

Donation Time
Got over 180 views and I thank you for that but still no information on getting a pair of these...

I am willing to pay $40 for two of them plus $10 shipping if that would help, please let me know.
Thanks,
David - shipping to 94041

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I wonder if these would work?

Attachments

• IMG_4571.jpeg
    IMG_4571.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 6

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
My recollection (and from my notes I just checked), was that the brake hoses from SS didn't fit in the hex opening, so I had to omit the part and use two wrenches when attaching the hose to the support bracket. Note in the WSM diagram you posted that this part is "omitted in some cases". I believe that this part is basically a convenience item to hold the hose from twisting when tightening the the nut under the support bracket. Having said that, it is unlikely that I would have tossed them on removal, but be damned if I can find them now. For the rear brake hose, these were not implemented on my Alpine, so I was not aware if this was modified by a PO. It is difficult to conclude if they were used for the rear hose from the WSM. Others can chime in on that.

Rick
brake hose plate.jpg

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've installed hoses on cars that didn't have them. As far as I can see they really don't do much.
Just use two wrenches like Rick said.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
While re assembling my V6 project I also found these rascals very hard to come by, used the above mentioned double wrench method and it seems to work well.
YMMV
Tom j

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wish you well with your search Kevin. It is very cold here in Sunny South Carolina.

If and when it warms a bit and not raining, I'll check on an Alpine I may strip soon,

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Got over 180 views and I thank you for that but still no information on getting a pair of these...

I am willing to pay $40 for two of them plus $10 shipping if that would help, please let me know.
Thanks,
David - shipping to 94041
David, I have a pair I can part with. They're a little discolored, but solid. PM me if you are interested.

dwolff706

Donation Time
Thanks for the good suggestions. Would have been pretty confident without the parts based on your feedback but I have located a pair in good condition. I appreciate the group.
David