• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

need 2.8 v6 crank hub

lillypad

Donation Time
Looks like I need the hub that the dampener bolts onto the crank. My old one was cut off.. Anyone out there have any ideas??Thanks John

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi John,

This was a topic at the V6 meet at Kelly's last year.

There are different units, but I don't recall the details.
Perhaps Kelly or Jose will remember and chime in.

Rich

lillypad

Donation Time
Looks like i will get one made. I'm back to the 2.8 crank, the 2.9 i put in had different timing gear setup and now it is back to the original crank which has no hub.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like i will get one made. I'm back to the 2.8 crank, the 2.9 i put in had different timing gear setup and now it is back to the original crank which has no hub.

What was wrong with your 2.9 crank setup? Did you get it modified to accept the 2.8 timing gears?

lillypad

Donation Time
Maybe it can be done, but the machine shop I am using went on their own w/out asking found the gears to be different and threw the old crank back in, milled the head, etc so now I'm stuck with the original 2.8 crank. I'm getting 9.8 to 1 with this setup, so its ok, just have to do with what I've got and get a hub

john

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
It's not just a crank swap. The 2.9 uses a timing chain, which rotates the cam in the opposite direction. The 2.8 timing gears can be used, but the snout of the crank needs to be modified. I had mine done by Standard Crankshaft In NC.

http://www.standardcrankshaft.com/

I found the specs and sent then to them.

http://pwp.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=117777&ck=

They provided me a magna-fluxed 10/10 crank and bearings. Here are the specs I used, although the engine is not yet done.