• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My good friend Chuck Ingram

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
It is with great sadness I share the news that Chuck Ingram is very ill. He was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. A message from his family today told me the cancer has spread to his liver and lungs. He is on palliative care as they try to keep him comfortable.

Chuck has been an active member of several Sunbeam clubs for many years. His generosity and expertise are well known. A photo of Chuck with his Lister is below.

My heart is very heavy. Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 99

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh my! How terribly sad. On my 7500 mile western trip in my Alpine in 2005, with my pal Bob, 2 of my sons, a daughter-in-law and an 18 mo old grandson, Chuck and Ollie treated us to a home BBQ dinner and insisted we spend the night at their place. Such a perfect example of "Friendly Manitoba". I've thought of them as close friends ever since. My thoughts and prayers and tears are with Chuck and Ollie.

In Chuck's words that I've followed:

"Enjoy today as we don't know what tomorrow will bring."

Tom Hayden

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
When I first got my Alpine, Chuck was there with advice and a few parts I needed. A real Good Guy! My prayers are with Chuck and his family.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I had posted a response to this on another forum, but think I should acknowledge chuck here as this is where I and so many others met Chuck.

he was a great member of the global sunbeam community, and more importantly a great guy and obviously devoted family man. He turned unfortunate circumstances in his own life into positive lessons for others.

I will miss his emails, sage advice, his support and friendship.

I hope ollie and the grandchildren take comfort in how much he meant to so many others. A good sunbeamer and a great guy.

I wish him a peaceful time in the company with family and friends.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
That proves that life just isn't fair.

I've never met Chuck (in person), but he's given me a lot of advice. We'll all miss him.

Al

sd_pace

Donation Time
I cant say anything that hasn't already said ... this makes me extremely sad, ....all my prayers for you Chuck

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That is such sad news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck face to face, but feel like I know him well though the on-forum and off forum communications over the years. The Sunbeam community and the world will be a darker place when he is no longer a part of it.

SDuncan

Donation Time
I had the opportunity to meet Chuck and Ollie a number of years ago as the passed through Regina. They were such nice people. I will miss his advice and humour on here.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
It is with great sadness that I share that our friend Chuck Ingram passed away this afternoon (Thursday).

Rest in peace, Chuck. We will miss you. Pete

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Paul

If you are in contact with the family please extend our sympathies. We lost a friend, but their loss is greater.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Chuck.... A Great friend.

Even though we did not meet in person, we shared some very personal experiences that are very precious to this olde man.

Seems like it can't be that he has passed from this live!

Some one has referred already to a line in his signature page that has some enduring truths.

My Prayers are with his family especially the grands'....

May the LORD Bless and Keep You,

Love in Christ,

DanR

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
God Speed, my brother Chuck. You were well liked and well loved, and your legacy is one of kindness, assistance and knowledge. And to your family, peace in knowing you lived a life well lived.

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
I lived in Winnipeg when I first got my Sunbeam in the 1990s and Chuck was all things Sunbeam. One time at his place he sold me a single carb intake and then proceeded to load me up with other assorted goodies for free. One of those items was a starter that I took off the shelf for the first time last summer. Worked flawlessly!

Too bad he's gone. He did some cool stuff.