• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

More Race Car Photos

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

Great to hear the good news. I noticed on your engine's oil filler that you don't have any hose on it for the oil vapour. Has it been blocked off or is that one of the areas you need to finish? I would hate to see all that oil vapour making your engine all dirty ;) .

Regards, Robin.

atallamcs

Donation Time
race car

Hi Robin,
You are the observent one--it is being completed as we speak--I did not like the tubing set up to the resevoir so it is being revised. It goes into a proper overflow can with breather top--all mounted on the firewall, passenger's side.
Bill

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Great pics :) !!

Curious about the carb & intake; is that a DCOE40 on a single 2bbl side draft intake .. ??

Allan

atallamcs

Donation Time
race car

Hi Allan
The manifold is a Lynx Manifold, single side draft, from the sixties. I have mated it to a 45 DCOE. I had not seen one of those manifolds for years until one sold recently for $350 on Ebay.

Bill