• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

More "but new style" custom badges for steering wheel.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Ok, I have had some guys asking about custom steering wheel badges and I will produce some if there is a need. I think I will do something new this time and only if if there is enough interest. If I produce my own center badge with “real chrome or gold foils”, I can keep the cost down rather than using the 3D embossed styled S3 badge. In doing this I can do one of styled badges of any style or any design. I will produce 3 samples that I hope will sell on our web site or I will turn to ebay. I have provided 3 graphics showing possible design ideas but the style or design can be almost anything. In any of these cases the graphics shown below can have true chrome or gold foils used in the white or yellow/gold areas.
Chrome Foils or leafing can be provided in any colour.
Anyway, here are some sample guys.

wheelbadge10.jpg

wheelbadge12.jpg

wheelbadge8.jpg

Because it is just so much fun!

P.S. If you have a SIII metal hood bezel I can also make up a custom badge for it.

Regards,
Andrew

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Andrew
I like the top one.Is it possible to add in the red circle at the top and bottom of same circle
Owner,Chuck Ingram.I would take 2 of them

Ok, I have had some guys asking about custom steering wheel badges and I will produce some if there is a need. I think I will do something new this time and only if if there is enough interest. If I produce my own center badge with “real chrome or gold foils”, I can keep the cost down rather than using the 3D embossed styled S3 badge. In doing this I can do one of styled badges of any style or any design. I will produce 3 samples that I hope will sell on our web site or I will turn to ebay. I have provided 3 graphics showing possible design ideas but the style or design can be almost anything. In any of these cases the graphics shown below can have true chrome or gold foils used in the white or yellow/gold areas.
Chrome Foils or leafing can be provided in any colour.
Anyway, here are some sample guys.

wheelbadge10.jpg

wheelbadge12.jpg

wheelbadge8.jpg

wheelbadge11.jpg

Because it is just so much fun!

P.S. If you have a SIII metal hood bezel I can also make up a custom badge for it.

Regards,
Andrew

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
You'd better be careful with the Darth Vader image. I have no idea if that image is copyrighted, but the George Lucas army is notorious for going after anybody violating their protected property, especially if you put them on ebay for profit.

dmich2

Donation Time
Andrew, They look great, as always. I have a aftermarket Moto-Lita wheel and it came with two center caps. 1 was a crossed checker flags and the other a lion standing on it's hind legs. They are 1 1/16" in diameter. My boss is very similar to this.
ff86_2.jpg
I could actually use a cap bigger than the 1 1/16 as the center is smooth and at the biggest point 1 9/16" in diameter. Could one of these centers you are producing work?

Thanks.

Dennis

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Andrew, I like the one with the white circle. I also have a Moto wheel and would need one to fit that. Is that possible.

Andrew

Donation Time
badges

You'd better be careful with the Darth Vader image. I have no idea if that image is copyrighted, but the George Lucas army is notorious for going after anybody violating their protected property, especially if you put them on ebay for profit.

Yes, good note Scott. I should remove the image, I just wanted to show the guys that "almost anything is possible".
Thanks.
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Andrew, They look great, as always. I have a aftermarket Moto-Lita wheel and it came with two center caps. 1 was a crossed checker flags and the other a lion standing on it's hind legs. They are 1 1/16" in diameter. My boss is very similar to this.
ff86_2.jpg
I could actually use a cap bigger than the 1 1/16 as the center is smooth and at the biggest point 1 9/16" in diameter. Could one of these centers you are producing work?
Thanks.
Dennis

Hi Dennis,
I am sure that I can help you out. The problem will be that I will have to model an entire new set of moulds to make another badge design. I will do it for you but it will not be quick. I will give you a private message and a contact number if you wish to talk. It is good to hear from you again, I hope all is well and that you have a great holiday season.
Regards,
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
custom Wheel badge

Andrew
I like the top one.Is it possible to add in the red circle at the top and bottom of same circle

Hi Chuck:
The red area of the badge is required to be solid to give the badge strength. I can put Owner, Chuck Ingram in the area that has the gold club lettering. I would like to keep this exact design for club use, trophy designs and such. We can produce one similar to it. Let me do something up for you and I will email you a sample graphic. I must first be happy with the product so don't be in too much of a rush for the badges but know they are in the works.
Thanks for the note Chuck.
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Andrew

Hi Chuck:
Here is a possible sample for a steering wheel centre badge. If you like it I will model one up. It will look better than this as this is only a graphic image.
The out side edge must be a solid colour, what colour would you like it?
CHUCKINGRAM.jpg

As you can see this one is shown in Red, what colour is your interior?
Well, tell me what you think.
Regards,
Andrew

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Chuck:
Here is a possible sample for a steering wheel centre badge. If you like it I will model one up. It will look better than this as this is only a graphic image.
The out side edge must be a solid colour, what colour would you like it?
CHUCKINGRAM.jpg

As you can see this one is shown in Red, what colour is your interior?
Well, tell me what you think.
Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew
should have looked at this first before replying to your PM
I may make a slight change to script and as to colour of outer rim I'll think about it.would you need a sample for colour?
other than that I will be wanting 2

Andrew

Donation Time
custom steering wheel centre logo/badge

Hi Andrew
should have looked at this first before replying to your PM
I may make a slight change to script and as to colour of outer rim I'll think about it.would you need a sample for colour?
other than that I will be wanting 2

Hi Chuck:
If you wish an exact colour match you will have to provide me with a sample.
Any text style or content is possible. I was looking to use a gold/metal foil in the the yellow/gold areas (chrome or other metal colours can be used). I would be happy to produce 2 of them for you.
I look forward to your next communication.
All the best during the holiday season.
Andrew

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Personalized

That is so cool! Also eliminates some one "walking off" with it. :D Question:How many spaces do you have to work with?

Andrew

Donation Time
Custom Steering Wheel Centre Badges

Hi,
With this font and 45% character spacing there is about 40 spaces but that can be changed a little with the percentage and character size.
I would hate to change it a great deal as I thing the overall look of the badge is a good scale.
Regards,
Andrew

P.S. I should have some samples to post at the start of the new year.

W

WaltSV

So, despite the talk of Moto-Lito applications, the basic plan is to make them for fittment to stock wheels?

Is it an adhesive attachment? My center is rather rough and I'm wondering how it stays on.

Thanks,
Walt

Andrew

Donation Time
Custom Wheel centre badge

So, despite the talk of Moto-Lito applications, the basic plan is to make them for fittment to stock wheels?
Is it an adhesive attachment? My center is rather rough and I'm wondering how it stays on.
Thanks,
Walt

HI Walt,
The original design is made to fit the existing/original stock Alpine Steering wheel bezel. The existing vinyl wrap rubber or foam core centre must be removed. The new badge will fit snug into the existing chrome bezel. The stock chrome bezel stays in the steering wheel with 3 little metal shim type clips holding it into the plastic outside ring. The new badge fits so tight into the original chrome bezel that I have yet to glued into place as they are so snug but you could use a little dab of silicone if you are worried about someone pulling it out of the chrome bezel. I would say it is a good idea to put a little dab of silicone as it would not be nice if someone took a knife and popped your custom centre out of your steering wheel and walked away with it. I have a picture on my web site with it in my car.

down-the-road.jpg

This is my car with the custom steering wheel badge installed

2126137723.jpg

This is the original centre that must be removed from the stock steering wheel centre.

2124720568.jpg

Here is the finished wheel again.

I hope this is of some help to you.

I am also looking to make some custom badges that will fit into the SIII hood bezel.

DSCF0056.jpg

These are custom side badges

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

Moto-Lita steering wheel badge

I know this doesn't compare with these custom badges, but it is cheap and looks good. I installed a Moto-Lita wheel on my SII. I quickly tired of the Mota-Lita center badge. I found that the newest key fob on the market had a badge that is the same size as the recessed area in the plastic center. I cut the "ears" off, and used my battery powered nickel plater to cover up the bare metal on the, now round, badge. A little silicone to hold it in place, and the job was complete. I have since found that a silver paint pencil will work also. The badge I am refering to has a green section on the bottom of it. I can live with it now. Some day I would like to get one with my name on it, but I have a lot more to do that I need the money for. I forgot to add that at the last British Car Day in nearby New Orleans, I showed it to Jeff Zorn of Little British Car Co. and the did seem impressed
at what I had done. The SII also required more work to the horn slip ring inside the hub to get it to work right. He wanted me to write up a Tech Tip, but like a lot of other things, I never got around to it.
Lee

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am also looking to make some custom badges that will fit into the SIII hood bezel.

DSCF0056.jpg

These are custom side badges

Andrew: If I remember correctly, you did a run of "SVI" Badges a few years ago. Any chance that you will do another one day? If so, please put me on the waiting list for those.

Jim

Andrew

Donation Time
SVI Badages

Andrew: If I remember correctly, you did a run of "SVI" Badges a few years ago. Any chance that you will do another one day? If so, please put me on the waiting list for those.
Jim

Hi Jim,
What design do you wish to have made up?
Drop me a private message at some time and we can chat about what you would like for your car. I can bring a couple samples to the Invasion this year if you wish to see the finished product.
Regards,
Andrew