• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Minx progress...

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
The Minx is looking pretty good.

I finally was able to drive it after putting in new shocks and brakes.
Be thank full the Alpine has disc brakes... the wheel cylinders on the Minx were such a pain.

Sadly, the clutch pressure plate is weak and the water pumped seized after going up and down the street.

I am impressed by how smooth this engine runs. Maybe it is the cast iron head. I don't know but it is smooth.

Steve

Attachments

• P1010844_2.jpg
    P1010844_2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 37

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's a really nice minx, Steve. Is that all original paint on it? Looks to be pretty solid too!

The clutch and water pump should be no problem to fix either.

Steve

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
THanks, as it turns out the water pump may be OK. Has anyone ever seen a pump with the grease cup on the top of the housing's nose?

All the Alpine pumps I have simply have a bolt that goes in the top. This one has a complete grease cup. I fill it... turn the lid tighter and apparently it greases the bearing.

I may have wrecked it from driving it down the street but it seems fine now that I turned the top tighter and then I added fresh grease and put the top back on tightening up further. I know there is special grease for Water pumps but I don't have any at the moment. I will have to get some.

Steve