• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mileage is zero.............

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
My favorite is "ran when I parked it". What they fail to mention is that was 28 years ago.....when it hit a tree head on......in a swamp......:p

serIIalpine

Donation Time
It's on better shape than mine was in when I bought it. And it has an overdrive.

What you all missed was the 5 main bearing rebuild on the 3 bearing engine.

Eric

62 serII

64beam

Donation Time
People are bidding on it, so it's worth something to someone. They must have lots of time on their hands.

O

oilspot

what's up with that VIN tag???

Anyone else notice the cowl tag on this one? is this unusual? perhaps a French market car? If it weren't 3000 miles away, I'd be on it. but then, threr's really nothing near central Maine....

Wombat

Donation Time
Oil spot,

A tag like that has been shown on this forum before. Apparently US servicemen posted in France bought cars there, and took them back to the US with them. I am guessing that ID tag would have been required by French law (along with things like the yellow headlights). Wonder if the car has a kilometre speedo as well?

65beam

Donation Time
mileage is zero

my series one has this tag but has a conventional speedometer. the car also has a medium compression motor that is original according to the number stamped in the block .