• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Master Cylinder and Slave for Series V

alanlindafla

Donation Time
Well I have given up on VB and hoping someone can tell me where to buy a Class "A" quality Master and Slave Cylinder for my Series V. I have rebuilt it with the so called kit from VB but she still has some bleed and fluid loss. I found once a company in Austria I think, that has original Lockheed units. Any suggestions.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you have your originals you can have them resleeved at White Post Restorations! It cost a little bit more but once they are done they will last a life time , I have had my Alpine and Tiger Hydrolics done for over 18 years and have had no problems:cool:

cdk84

Donation Time
Hydraulic Rebuids

I have had good luck with White Post Restorations. Their work is very good, though the fellow is terse --if not gruff-- over the phone. It's a wee bit expensive, but worth the tariff, as stated by alanlindafl. In my current restoration, and for my racing Alpine, *all* the hydraulics will be done by White Post.

My brother runs a Land Rover restoration facility and has *not* had good fortune with Apple Hydraulics: while this is not first hand experience, I trust my brother's assessment. His standards are high and he has been in this field for more than 30 years.

Best of Luck and Happy New Year, David

cdk84

Donation Time
Hydraulic Rebuilds (correction)

I have had good luck with White Post Restorations. It's a wee bit expensive, but worth the tariff, as stated by George Coleman.

Cheers, David

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I too was in the market for a clutch master last month, you can try "Kip" in Texas , His quote on the phone $215 for the master, I didn't get much further than that with him( although he's a very cordial fellow ) .
ended up going with White Post, true a bit pricey , from the outside it looks like something you'd find in a NOS box , but what really surprised me was the turn around, lighting fast . Now I've got one more item I feel I'll not ever need to think much about for a long time.

Tom j

Happy New Year!