• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mark 2 Tiger

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

there was another tiger from this area that was raced for years that had a similar cut out to clear the carbs. I saw the car before it was shipped to the new owner on the west coast for restoration and it looked like the entire heater core area had been cut out. I think it had the engine set back some when being raced. it's not something that would stop it from getting a TAC number.

alpine_64

Donation Time
You can mod the scuttle and stillbpass tac, there is not much specific in that point and many other identifiers on the body. Remember tac isn't about someones body mods , its about finding enough evidence on the shell that Jensen had built it.

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

keep in mind that jenson did not build the entire car. they only added the tiger specific parts and did a few mods to a trimmed out body that had a few alpine body items left off.

alpine_64

Donation Time
keep in mind that jenson did not build the entire car. they only added the tiger specific parts and did a few mods to a trimmed out body that had a few alpine body items left off.

I think 99.9% of people realise that Jensen didn't build the entire shell but they did "build " the tiger from scratch. As I said enough evidence on the shell that Jensen built it.. As in made it a tiger....

Not sure what you mean by trimmed out body......

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Small Tiger World

One of the CAT Vendors knows this car, and it is on his SunbeamTigerparts.com website.

Good looking car a little over improved for my tastes. Something about the AC Housing that bugs me too;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Change scoop to front opening, take advantage of the scuttle notch and go to quad 48 ida webers and push right foot to the firewall :D

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

Michael,
a trimmed out body means the car was complete except for the drive train. the body was built and painted at pressed steel and everything installed including interior, soft top, etc and then sent to another plant to have the drive train installed. from talking with folks that have been to the archives they have found that bodies intended to be tiger had various alpine body pieces left off since they would not be used at jenson. the alpine and tiger bodies were built on the same assembly line. didn't buck say they found that rootes paid jenson 35 pounds to do the conversion?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael,
a trimmed out body means the car was complete except for the drive train. the body was built and painted at pressed steel and everything installed including interior, soft top, etc and then sent to another plant to have the drive train installed. from talking with folks that have been to the archives they have found that bodies intended to be tiger had various alpine body pieces left off since they would not be used at jenson. the alpine and tiger bodies were built on the same assembly line. didn't buck say they found that rootes paid jenson 35 pounds to do the conversion?

Indeed they left pressed steel minus various alpine parts, but I'm not sure the cars were fitted with any interior, also the areas like wheel arch top hats that Jensen installed just have red oxide primer under, so not sure on the painted front. Iirc they left as "body in white" ?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael,
you should talk to folks that have been to the archives.

Indeed , they tend to get their facts from research, they also tend to be interested in the topic rather than just saying things for the sake of an argument . :rolleyes:

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

that's why I suggested you talk to them in person as I have. they have found a lot of interesting info.

alpine_64

Donation Time
that's why I suggested you talk to them in person as I have. they have found a lot of interesting info.

And we all know yourwell documented love of tiger history bob.. On the web for all to see.

As for in person there are great new inventions these days, phones , email and even video call.... Wonderful world isn't it....

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

Michael,
I do like tigers. it's just that I don't live in the past since I actually lived thru those times so the history of what happened is just the past to me. as far as these wonderful inventions go they are a big help. but they don't replace face to face personal contact. I have to tolerate these items every day both at the company I work at and my own business. it's amazing how some of the big guys working behind these wonderful inventions can become wimps when faced with personal contact.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael,
I do like tigers. it's just that I don't live in the past since I actually lived thru those times so the history of what happened is just the past to me. as far as these wonderful inventions go they are a big help. but they don't replace face to face personal contact. I have to tolerate these items every day both at the company I work at and my own business. it's amazing how some of the big guys working behind these wonderful inventions can become wimps when faced with personal contact.

You certainly have embraced contacting people on the net... As for face to face, I have it from many trusted sources you are just as charming and socially adept in person as you are in email and forums.....