• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lucas windsheild washer pump....

agmason54

Donation Time
Hey,
Has anyone ever seen an electric Lucus windshield washer assembly on an early Alpine? I found one on a SI. At first glance I thought it was an airhorn.Can it be original,off another car or is it an aftermarket fit-all Lucas item?
It's basically a jar with a little motor in the lid that says LUCAS on top.
Just wondering..
Al

alpine_64

Donation Time
The Lucas electric came in 2 types.. early glass bottle and later platic. They were optinos on "marque" alpines (talbot based) and other cars such as MKII jags etc.. while you can fit one to an alpine and it will be a nice period extra, its not a factory one.

agmason54

Donation Time
Lucas windshield washer pump

Hi,
I looked at Holdens site and the one I have is the last one in the first row.Mine's not as pretty...
Thanks!
Al