• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lowering a S-V

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
It could be but I doubt it. I put a new belt on when I put the reinforced lower bracket back on. If I open the hood and rev the engine I can see the alternator move ever so slightly.
Thanks,
Bryan

Jim E

Donation Time
Mine did the same. Welded a piece of flat stock to the top of the upper bracket to stiffen it a bit. Before when you rev'ed it the upper bracket would sway. The other problem, I think, is the GM alternator pulley is a different width than the MII pulleys.

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hey Jim!
That's exactly what mine is doing. I'll pull the upper and weld a piece perp to it to hopefully stiffen it. I hadn't thought about the pulley grooves being a different profile. Did welding the stiffener in alleviate your problem?
Bryan
:)