• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for set of wire wheels and hubs

paul7

Donation Time
Hi

I'm looking for a complete set of wire wheels and hubs to go onto my '67 Alpine. Fair price paid

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Will trade for beer

Usually its a cardboard sign , about my neck.
But really have 2 or 3 in So. Cal.

I was thinking of them as yard art in a wagon wheel like placement, but I do enough to scar the neighborhood.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Not to tell you to never buy used, but be sure to check original wheels and hubs carefully as many are too worn to be safe. The splines should not feel sharp if you run a finger lightly over them, the tops should have a dull feeling and when looking at them from the end on, should like an isosceles triangle with the point cut off. They also should not lean in either direction, you tend to see rears in particular where the splines have bent backwards due to the pressure of the driveline against the wheels. Hubs and wheels should have a snug fit together with no play, without the wheel nut being installed. Most folks are used to some amount of play when the wheel nut is not yet tightened up, but this looseness is caused by and will continue to cause wear since the components can work back and forth and in bad cases cause a "clunk" when braking or accelerating.

Last edited:

jessieherrera

Donation Time
Wire wheels

I am converting my Alpine over to an Alger. I haven't done it yet, but hopefully I'll get to it this summer. It's a 67. I'll be getting rid of the whole driveline. I'm not going to ask an arm and a leg for the wheels. I'm in San Diego. If you're interested email me or give me a call. 619-867-1056, 619-741-4432. mrjessieherrera@gmail.com.:):)