• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for a SV shell

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just got my "rust free" car back from the media blasters. Oh boy... I don't have much original metal left to work with. I'm trying to make a decision as to whether to push forward or cut my losses. I was wondering if anyone out there has a SV shell in decent condition. I don't need anything else to go with it. I've got doors, hood, trunk, power train, glass, electronics, and all the other bits and pieces (in many cases three times over...). I live in Billings, MT, but can travel a fair amount for something truly decent.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I feel your pain. I ended up buying two rollers for sheet metal after I got my SI car back from the blaster. I know of a late series roller here in Boise that may be available. I’ll let you know.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a SV that has a good body (rolling) $2000. Only problem I see for Beamin is the distance.

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah...S. Carolina could be a bit further than I'm willing to travel. Thanks, though. Boise on the other hand is doable. I'm still on the fence on which way to go on this project. I only got it back from the blasters yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to do a full blown assessment and total everything up. On first glance, there are a couple areas on the frame the are worrisome. Once I cut away what's left of the floor pans and can get a close look at what is underneath, I will have a better feel for which way to go on this one.