• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for a boot Luggage Rack.

shantorama

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi All, I have a S2 and I'm looking for a boot luggage rack. Any leads would be appreciated. Also do the MG ones fit?

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Try Sports Car Craftsmen (Denver, CO (303) 422-9272), then have tons of all makes British sports car parts including Sunbeam and probably have a luggage rack. My guess would be that the MG ones would fit, possibly only a different style for you earlier S2. Good luck

alpine_64

Donation Time
D
Hi All, I have a S2 and I'm looking for a boot luggage rack. Any leads would be appreciated. Also do the MG ones fit?
Do you want one that bolts to the boot or the factory style with clams and suction feet?

The UK Alpine club used to repro the factory setup

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Back before this web site gave completely in to the truth that an Alpine suspension could handle exponentially more power than the 1725, there was once - on this very website - an example of an "original" clamp luggage rack that would have came with the car. Like the hardtop, take it off when you didn't need it, or to polish. No holes required. I might have the only one in existence, from e-bay, years ago. I remember the late Paul Scofield posted here that he would have bid more if "he'd of known someone else was that interested" or something like that. The amount, $125, seems like a pittance for what parts are going for today. It's a nice removable, clamp-on luggage rack. And gone without a trace when you don't want it.

Slainte

Donation Time
There are a couple of generic bolt-ons on Amazon. You might try a search for one that would fit a Miata, then adjust as needed. There's an outfit called Classic Accessories that claims to carry one for Sunbeams. I know nothing about the company, and the rack would set you back $429. Just information for you to research.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Back before this web site gave completely in to the truth that an Alpine suspension could handle exponentially more power than the 1725, there was once - on this very website - an example of an "original" clamp luggage rack that would have came with the car. Like the hardtop, take it off when you didn't need it, or to polish. No holes required. I might have the only one in existence, from e-bay, years ago. I remember the late Paul Scofield posted here that he would have bid more if "he'd of known someone else was that interested" or something like that. The amount, $125, seems like a pittance for what parts are going for today. It's a nice removable, clamp-on luggage rack. And gone without a trace when you don't want it.
@John W that is the factory style I'm referring to in the earlier post. The one Paul referred to was not unique, they come up time to time.. but as mentioned..the UK club was reproducing them for a while.
There was also someone reproducing the rubber suction feet .. it they were white instead of black

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I’ve always wanted to design and sell a Sunbeam boot rack like what was offered for the Triumph TR4 cars… one that bolts on using existing holes. One could attach it using the hinge mounts, like the TR4 unit, then carry it down to attach beneath the boot handle, with an open section to allow the number plate to be visible.

Attachments

• IMG_4673.jpeg
    IMG_4673.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 25

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I bought a universal one and cut the mounting feet off (I did like like them and when I tightened it down it would bow the trunk lid at the 4 mounts ) and welded nuts into the rack and then grounded the base the match the trunk lid on my series 2. Having it re-chromed was the pricey part.
i-bPJDscM-XL.jpg

i-8WzQNDm-XL.jpg

i-JvKp7qC-X2.jpg

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
I know I have one somewhere, because I remember taking it if the trunk no boot lid. Has a little rust, but the petite e will be right