• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LeMans 24 hour classic

Jim E

Donation Time
I believe that is what the race was called, was on TV the other day and I watched a bit of it. Mostly profiled a hand full of cars thier drivers, teams and problems. Anyway I am almost certain I saw the race Alpine with the chopped off rear fenders in the race a time or two. did anyone else happen to catch this show and notice the car?

socorob

Donation Time
That was the show gt racer, that was the one from 2 weeks ago. There was the one with the chopped off back, and a few glimpses of another. Last week they were on the nurburgring, and I missed the one last night but it should be waiting for me on the DVr. It comes on Fridays nights on hdtheater. It's gonna follow the guys thru 6 different races.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
What show is this? What network? Are we talking about archival footage from the 60s or a recent vintage race or....?

socorob

Donation Time
friday nights hdtheater called gt racer, its from this year or last. its only gonna be 6 episodes, this friday wa the 3rd. i only noticed a few glimpses on sunbeams in the 1st one that was at lemans. google it, i think theres a website for it.

socorob

Donation Time
On tonights episode they were racing the carrera de panamericana in Mexico. They showed a black sunbeam that ran off the road and was totally smashed.

Edit: There are some youtube videos of the race.

Jim E

Donation Time
Darn it missed that one, need to set to record all. Saw an Imp on there the other day. I also like how in the opening credits the camera is in a car during a race and dead center is what looks to be a Smiths gauge maybe a tach... and the needle never moves.

socorob

Donation Time
im pretty sure that was a speedo in an e type. I wonder if the sunbeam that crashed was the one on ebay a while ago that went off a ravine? Was the right side of that tiger smashed and was it black?