• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Leaf Spring Helper

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
The rear springs on my SV are getting kind of soft and while the car still rides great when we load up for a weekend the back end sits a little low. I have been evaluating having the springs re-arced, replacing them outright or possibly putting a leaf spring helper on. Anybody have any experience with these choices?

65beam

Donation Time
The rear springs on my SV are getting kind of soft and while the car still rides great when we load up for a weekend the back end sits a little low. I have been evaluating having the springs re-arced, replacing them outright or possibly putting a leaf spring helper on. Anybody have any experience with these choices?
I've had the springs rearched on 4 of our Beams. They seem to be fine. Another option is to use air shocks. I had them on the series 4 back in the days when we pulled the Time Out travel trailer with it. I still have a set in the shop.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I bought a set of helper springs from NAPA about 20 years ago and have had them on Ol' Blue ever since. The worked well when my bride and I were loaded quite heavily for our 4500 mile plus trip across Canada, down the East Coast to Virginia and finally looping back home to South Dakota. The design permits adjustment to make the ride either more or less stiff. I have no intention of removing them. P

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
Paul,
Are your helpers the ones that go under or over the spring? Any chance you remember the brand?

Thanks.