• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Kilometer speedometer for Series IV

Wombat

Donation Time
Not really a definite "Wanted", more a question as to how likely it is to find one. We've been Metric here in OZ for 30 years or so and I have started to think in kilometers. This would be a question for our European correspondents.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Robert,

I know a guy in Sydney who has a full set of the SI/II metric scaled gauges. I have seen the later model metric gauges aswell. I think Ian Spencer may know of the location of a metric speedo. Another thing to note is that the fuel and water temp gauges were also revrsed. But it really shouldnt be a problem on any car as they have both scales.

Wombat

Donation Time
Michael

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for the metric speedo to get an odometer that counts in km. The dual markings on the one I have are good enough for speed limits and the like. As for the other gauges, I usually dont read the actual numbers - if all the needles are pointing straight up, everything is working well, or would be if the car was running!! :)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Robert,

here is what you are looking for.. should at least show peple what you are trying to find. I know of a tiger in melbourne that is running metric gauges.. certainly a rare sight..

2990218940054462410kTbINu_ph.jpg