• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Just when you thought you were about to make some headway

wipeout

Donation Time
Well Mike....glad you came out screamin....I knew you would...we all do.

Since you're so close to me, maybe I should send a wrecker down and help clean up that barn of yours. It's obvious you have too many alpines there for a man in your condition....:D

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
No, not too many Alpines, just one basket case SV and rusted out SV parts car. Unless you talk to my wife.:rolleyes:

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well the soft cast came off today and sutures removed. Then I was afraid to move my arm as I looked at it, still stained from the Betadine. I was fitted for plastic removable splint, which is to stay on 24 x 7 for the next 12 weeks, except for therapy and shower. No lifting, twisting, or fully straightening the arm. When showering I must wear a sling. Doc said he'd only seen one like this before. Normally the tear is at the bone. Mine tore at the muscle, leaving just a stub. Nothing to anchor to the bone nor to a graft. He said it tore over time or completely blew out when it ruptured. The remainder was just deteriorated. He sutured it into the brachialis muscle that runs under the bicep.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
12 weeks immobilized! That muscle will be so weak 12 oz curls will be a chore. But what a way to rehab!

Bill

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Isn't that why they invented the "Beer Cap"?
Part of therapy will be to maintain range of motion, later to improve strength. Funny though, the strength affected by this is rotating strength, like used for a screwdriver. Never realized that the biceps rotate the arm. Other muscles can deal with lifting. May need more air tools if this don't work out. The doc said, because of the type of injury/repair, rehab is going to be a slow process.

wipeout

Donation Time
post bathroom left side cleaning articulation must be interesting....:p

beer hats and your babe hand feeding you grapes isnt a bad idea though.

:D

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
And with a tip of the hat to the Australian membership, An oil can of Foster's didn't hurt.:D

Nickodell

Donation Time
post bathroom left side cleaning articulation must be interesting....:p

beer hats and your babe hand feeding you grapes isnt a bad idea though.

:D

Mike: you shouldn't have any problem if the Muslims take over the world. They use only the left hand for such bathroom hygiene, and the purpose of their women, other than as brood mares to produce more sons, is to feed grapes and otherwise attend to the physical needs of their men.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
First Day Back to Work

Well, back to work for the first time since the surgery. Other than some shopping over the weekend, which wore me out, this is the first long outing. Getting up at the normal time, 4:30 am, was the first hurdle, the then 35 mile drive just seemed longer than I recall. Also start my therapy today. Oh boy. Three times per week for the next four weeks. Then back to the doc and see where it goes from there.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mike, you and I must be long separated brothers. Anesthesia affects me exactly like you describe, take 3-4 weeks for it to wear off. I worked with a guy that had his gall bladder removed in the morning, drove home that evening. I could barely move for two days after that surgery. It also seems to mess with my mind.

Hang in there.

Bill