• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Just Returned

skywords

Donation Time
Hi all I have just returned home. I did not have anytime to call anyone on the way. It took longer than expected to get the bus out of NY.

I have never driven anything as large and heavy as this, it is no Alpine. I managed to get it home without any mishaps. 25,000 lbs of steel don't stop very good. We were on the first 6% grade out of Flagstaff and the road was wet we rounded the first corner to find the traffic at a complete stop. I got on the binders very hard and long and was expecting them to fade but the chap that overhauled it did a good job and we stopped just short of a rear bumper. The stoppage was due to a horrible accident that involved three vans. There were children in them and toys scattered all over the highway. My wife and kids saw the mess and hurt children.

On the upside the bus ran perfect and we had a ball.