• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Just curious

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Why has the modified Alpine forum been relocated on the main forums page? Not that it's a problem, but it does seem to be the second most-visted forum.

Sam

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Wow, I am not sure. I had not noticed that myself. If I did it, it was by mistake and can be corrected easily. I thought it was just after Stock Alpines. I may have moved it with out realizing it when I moved the Harrington Alpines up from the bottom of the list.

Paul

Pumpkin

Donation Time
modified

HA who the heck would want to modify one of these cars any way,
Series ll , 1725, 32/36 weber, OD tranny, wire wheels and alternator, along with a custome roll bar and tonuqe,, with a back side wide deflector.
Stock stock.
Chuck:eek:

britbeam

Donation Time
Series ll , 1725, 32/36 weber, OD tranny, wire wheels and alternator, along with a custome roll bar and tonuqe,, with a back side wide deflector.
Stock stock.

Nothing wrong with a stock Alpine. If you want a real kick in the pants take a ride in a V6 Alpine. The V6/5 speed makes a real balanced sports car.
Dwain V6 Krazy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Stock stock.
You don't consider a Series II, with a 1725, 32/36 Webber, roll bar and alternator, a modified Alpine??!! It sure didn't come from the factory like that.

Jose :confused:

Pumpkin

Donation Time
stock??

Fellas and gals
At one time I was keeping the Pumpkin as stock as I thought was within a few knock off points for color and carbs, instead of stock 1495 carbs, I had from the PO 150CDs and it ran great. Then I had an opportunity to get a 1725, that came with the Weber.

Then driving home one late night a couple of 18 wheelers were have a good time with us on I-5, after that a roll bar was installed, screen and tonnoue added, the wire wheels were as I know a stock option.

Then I thought we drive several hundreds of miles on a trip, get an OD tranny,, OK the tach would not work with the 1725, so I went to an elect tach.
That being said, I was always in the stock set with modified ford/toyota/buick V's .. and lost to them because of the adaptations made. So, I gave up on any real competition and just love the ride. Thats what it is all about.

Now no fear to drive up from oregon to canada or to cal, or to kansas if we desire..
Thats my 15.65p
Chuck in the great northwest:D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Your question was, "Who would want to modify one of these cars anyway?" Well apparently you did, and for the very same reasons the other guys do. You wanted more power and reliability. The other guys wanted even more power and especially more reliability, so went with something else. These cars are fabulous, but only when they are running. Modifying them is about the only way to keep them on the road and in daily usage.

Jose:)

skywords

Donation Time
These cars are fabulous, but only when they are running. Modifying them is about the only way to keep them on the road and in daily usage

I thought I'd argue with you Jose but now that I think about it you are absolutely right. My daily driver Series I has a 1600, electric fuel pump and regulator. Also a host of internal engine mods for reliability and power. Can't wait for the Q4. I think there are very few stock Alpines on the road.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Very few stock Alpines ??? I got one, Ok that's one, so far. Well............ it'll be on the road soon,

Tom j