• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Jack storage

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi All... Happy Easter.

When I bought my Series V there were a couple of parts that I couldn't identify. Recently, I realized that the round slug was the foot that had broken off the jack.

Looking at this prior to welding it back on, how does the jack get stored with that big disk (approximately 4" diameter)?

There are two clips behind the spare. If you insert the jack in there it fits now, but it's not going to fit once the foot is welded back on.

Any suggestions or photos?

TIA

Rich

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I wouldn'y weld anything yet. The disc you have may be the spare tire holdown. My jack has an approx 2" base, and fits in the holders.

Wombat

Donation Time
Rich

From my SIV. Foot of jack to the left, spare wheel hold down to the right. Can't be sure the SV is the same. Do these look like what you have?

Attachments

• Jack.jpg
    Jack.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 39

gordonra

Donation Time
The thing that I'm calling the foot is thicker than what is in tat photo, however the slightly rough broken edge does match the end of the jack.

I'll look at it againg and snap a photo....

Rich

Derek

Donation Time
The jack foot on my 67 SV is 2.5" and fits in the clips behind the spare wheel which is held in place with a rubberized strap. You may have some custom engineering here.

Derek

gordonra

Donation Time
Finally got around to the photo...

This is what I have and it's about 3 1/2" diameter, and about 1/2" thick at the largest dimension.

The tottom side is flat. Not even a hole for a bolt to come through, so I know it's not the tire hold down.

As you can see, the large domed area in the center has a ragged edge around it. This mates perfectly with the end of the jack.

Perhaps the same style jack was used on something other than an Alpine?

Any other ideas?

Rich