• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Jack handle clip

wtaylor

Silver Level Sponsor
I finally got a jack handle. The only problem is my car does not have the spring clip to hold it in place. I bought some off Amazon but they're too large. Does anyone have the 1 or 2 that are supposed to be in the trunk to hold it in place? It would also be nice to know exactly where they are supposed to go. My truck appears to have had the mounting holes filled.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
At the Invasion you will be able to see the correct location for those jack clips and with any luck, find some of those clips for sale at the swap meet on Friday April 5th at the host hotel!

wtaylor

Silver Level Sponsor
At the Invasion you will be able to see the correct location for those jack clips and with any luck, find some of those clips for sale at the swap meet on Friday April 5th at the host hotel!
I am not coming up until Saturday. I have to work on Friday and it is only a 45-minute drive.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
I finally got a jack handle. The only problem is my car does not have the spring clip to hold it in place. I bought some off Amazon but they're too large. Does anyone have the 1 or 2 that are supposed to be in the trunk to hold it in place? It would also be nice to know exactly where they are supposed to go. My truck appears to have had the mounting holes filled.
Wtaylor - I can help you out. My parts inventory sheet shows I have both.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Once you have the idea where the holes should be, you might find the holes were filled using putty or caulk and it might be easy to re-open them. I found some closed up holes in my trunk by going under the car and checking out the backside of the sheet metal, probing it by gently tapping the metal to hear the sound change when I hit a closed up hole.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Maybe you'll get lucky and find the bondo worms in the old holes. How many do you need?